Slayer

slayer is the greatest band ever. im gonna see them too. i herd on this one site that the new album sounds like seasons in the abyss and its coming out july 25th. i cant wait. 2006 will be the year in Slayer. FACT!

LISTEN TO SLAYER OR DIE!

Consuming Impulse said:
slayer is the greatest band ever. im gonna see them too. i herd on this one site that the new album sounds like seasons in the abyss and its coming out july 25th. i cant wait. 2006 will be the year in Slayer. FACT!

LISTEN TO SLAYER OR DIE!
Slayer is good, but not the greatest. They kinda do the same thing over and over, and while I respect the fact that they did (are doing) it so well, I simply can't respect that. I'd rather have a band try something new and suck than just do the same shit.

ender7227 said:
Slayer is good, but not the greatest. They kinda do the same thing over and over, and while I respect the fact that they did (are doing) it so well, I simply can't respect that. I'd rather have a band try something new and suck than just do the same shit.

Um actually they did... their last two albums sound more like Slipknot than Slayer and they are pretty bad. They were better when all their albums sounded the same.

CAIRATH said:
It still doesn't mean everyone has to blindly subscribe to that opinion before they can be considered a metal fan.

True but the fact that a large percentage of metal's fanbase (TRUE metal mind you) consider it great if not the greatest means that it sure as hell ain't a joke.

^ true that
none of their albums sound the same to me though, every one of there albums has pregressed with the times imo

Danallica said:
^ true that
none of their albums sound the same to me though, every one of there albums has pregressed with the times imo

You are actually somewhat correct. You can definitely hear the difference between each album.

Yeah, like the difference between, say, South of Heaven and Diabolus in musica. The former is excellent the latter dreadful. Now THAT's a difference you can appreciate.

There are little who would doubt that slayers albums, studio wise, after say seasons, went downill and fast, devine intervention is terrible and that cover shit they did was just that...shit. However there are a few cool songs on both Diabolus and God hates, but neither of these albums were as consistantly good as there earlier works.

Still, i have always though of them as a band with a very unique sound and, thorugh all their releases have been able to maintain agressive, so i think that some credit has to be given to the later works. Will be interesting to see how this next album pans out though

To my mind, Reign in Blood IS the best metal album ever.

As for them sounding the same, I think that is ridiculous. It is very easy to tell the albums apart. I have only heard the ones with Dave Lombardo (the only good ones I hear), but thhey all have a distinctive quality to them.

I like a Few songs on Diablus and GHUA, but other then that, everything from 1990 is much better then after.
Seasons is the best IMO.