Slipknot - All Hope is Gone

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
What does everyone think of the new album from the Iowa masked men?

I just got the album and was blown away by what I heard, straight hard pounding metal executed with precision!! Now I know some of you may be put off by the masks and the association with nu-metal (which doesnt really make that much sense anymore), but give this album a spin. Amazing guitar and drum work!!!!

Anyone agree....

Toy hand grenade...sounds dangerous. So, Slipknot is satanic metal now?

I actually like these guys and have been listening to them for about 12 years now. Their last album was pretty solid. I haven't given the new one a spin yet. I will pick it up this week. They are from my home town so I saw them long before they hit the big time. Rumor has it that Mick taught guitar at one of the local guitar shops although I have yet to confirm that with anyone who actually had lessons from him. A few of the other guys play in other bands around town. Sid does a lot of DJ'ing. I believe Joey actually has a house a few blocks from me although I don't know if he lives there on a daily basis. He is one badass drummer and probably the best musician of the bunch. They actually do a lot for the town so it is hard to fault them. They do pre-tour concerts around town and go out of their way to give the local audience a good show.

I like the idea of a shitload of percussionists in a metal band. But honestly, I haven't heard much by them except for a song that was on a CMJ music sampler ages ago. I seem to recall liking it. I can't believe I really don't know anything about their actual music. Weird. All I know is reputation.

Toy hand grenade...sounds dangerous. So, Slipknot is satanic metal now?

I actually like these guys and have been listening to them for about 12 years now. Their last album was pretty solid. I haven't given the new one a spin yet. I will pick it up this week. They are from my home town so I saw them long before they hit the big time. Rumor has it that Mick taught guitar at one of the local guitar shops although I have yet to confirm that with anyone who actually had lessons from him. A few of the other guys play in other bands around town. Sid does a lot of DJ'ing. I believe Joey actually has a house a few blocks from me although I don't know if he lives there on a daily basis. He is one badass drummer and probably the best musician of the bunch. They actually do a lot for the town so it is hard to fault them. They do pre-tour concerts around town and go out of their way to give the local audience a good show.

^
Awesome :D
Vol.3 is one of my favourite records - I'm looking forward to hearing the new one... Slipknot are an exception in my musical tastes - one of the few bands that I still like from when I first got into metal (during the nu-metal era) - I mainly listen to Post-metal and Black Metal nowadays :p

I heard their new "single" and it sounded pretty good. It was a lot different than what I had heard in the past from them.

All right, out of curiosity I listened to some of the new songs. At the second one I told myself: "what the fuck am I doing?" and closed youtube. Sorry, it's allright if you like them, but I really think they are dreadful. And to think I used to like a couple of songs...

Im a guitar player and I cant help but enjoy metal with amazing guitars, its simple. Plus they write good songs, same feel as Pantera back in the day... straight head banging music.

^
Awesome :D
Vol.3 is one of my favourite records - I'm looking forward to hearing the new one... Slipknot are an exception in my musical tastes - one of the few bands that I still like from when I first got into metal (during the nu-metal era) - I mainly listen to Post-metal and Black Metal nowadays :p

I think you would really enjoy the new album. Ive liked all their albums and this one is definitely their best.

SOME SICK SICK SOLOS!! That is a fact that no one has any argument against!!

I think you would really enjoy the new album. Ive liked all their albums and this one is definitely their best.

SOME SICK SICK SOLOS!! That is a fact that no one has any argument against!!

Please. Wanking some random notes without feeling or taste does not equate to a good solo in any way shape or form. End of that discussion.

All right, out of curiosity I listened to some of the new songs. At the second one I told myself: "what the fuck am I doing?" and closed youtube. Sorry, it's allright if you like them, but I really think they are dreadful. And to think I used to like a couple of songs...

I did the exact same thing and had the exact same response. To each his own.