Sludgecore? So are they metal or hardcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
So are sludgecore bands defined as hardcore, metal or both? Fill me in. It's usually about self hate and drug abuse right and they use a lot of distortion to thier sound. I know a few sludgecore bands like Crowbar and Soilen Green and I love them. Tell me some more bands I might like that are sludgecore.

What's up with all this "insert word"-core stuff. It bugs the hell out of me. Grindcore, sludgecore. Can't people find better terms. At least hardcore is an actual word with a definition that describes the style of music. You can't just put core after any old word.

Sorry about that. It just really bugs me.

Isn't Neurosis noise-core? Along with The Blood Brothers/Isis/etc, tends to be more "crushing" than sludgecore

Yeah, ****-core is so much more stupid than ****-metal.

How about Metalcore, are they Hardcore bands or Metal bands?

Metalcore is a mixture of hardcore and metal, so they are both.

The Blood Brothers aren't noisecore, they are hardcore mixed with indie rock.

And Isis are DEFINITELY sludgecore, Celestial basically defines sludgecore.

sludgecore, deathcore, grindcore, metalcore, speedcore, hatecore, mallcore.... yeah I agree that there are too many "core" labels. But seriously, sludgecore sounds something I'd like if it's slow, depressing, and atmospheric with lyrics about self hate and stuff. But I bought Eyehategod's Dopestick many years ago when it came out, and I found it to be a little bit boring. And it is in no way hardcore; it is purely metal, since it is so heavily blues based; almost like a mixture of southern rock and doom metal. So are there any sludgecore bands out there that are better than or different than Eyehategod.

Soilent Green has elements of sludge but by no means are they pure 100% down home sludge..there's grind, death, hardcore and everything in between when it comes to them..

Yeah Cephalic Carnage can't be sludge.
Soilent Green. Now that's a quality band. They're not predictable, you don't know what they can pull out. Are there any other sludgecore bands like them who mix grindcore, death metal, and hardcore to their sound?

Isn't Neurosis noise-core? Along with The Blood Brothers/Isis/etc, tends to be more "crushing" than sludgecore

Yeah, ****-core is so much more stupid than ****-metal.

How about Metalcore, are they Hardcore bands or Metal bands?

They're hardcore mixed up with metal tinge music and tend to be brutal than any metal bands around. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.