Small Ampsim shootout! (8505 vs HyBrit vs 456)

Great stuff erik, I dig the hybrit one the most :D
Really opens up the entire mix.

I still like 8505 best, there is something sharp in the high end related to the palm mutes in the hybrit one that I'm not that fond of. 456 sounds a bit uhm.. don't know how to describe it, POD-ish? :lol:

With that being said, they are all great sounding tones :)

Yeah, I still find the le456 a bit harsh, well, it's an engl simulation...
Engl amps sound a tad harsh/digitallish to me, so the digital Engl version is even worse...
I'm not saying I don't dig it, but the Hybrit sounds to me like the most "alive" ampsim I've tried yet.

If I add more gain to it, it sounds grainy and rich (i didn't want an overgained sound on the clips).

I still think that the 8505 it´s the best. I tested the le456 for a little time but I didnt liked how the mids work. It´s a bit harsh as you said Erik and sounds always too scooped for me. But hey I am not saying that the le456 it´s bad, but I dont like at all.

Yeah, I still find the le456 a bit harsh, well, it's an engl simulation...
Engl amps sound a tad harsh/digitallish to me, so the digital Engl version is even worse...
I'm not saying I don't dig it, but the Hybrit sounds to me like the most "alive" ampsim I've tried yet.

If I add more gain to it, it sounds grainy and rich (i didn't want an overgained sound on the clips).

Actually, the HyBrit sounds like a cranked JCM800, or at least it has that special attack when the pick hits the strings that's so familiar. Dandelium, you're a Marshall Dude! :D

Actually, the HyBrit sounds like a cranked JCM800, or at least it has that special attack when the pick hits the strings that's so familiar. Dandelium, you're a Marshall Dude! :D

Hehe, yeah. I have a friend that always tells me that, and I'm like "no way dude!, too vintage for my sound". It's true, I'm loving the pick attack, the character, the tone... I'm a Marshall guy :lol:

probably captured from KSE - My Course multitracks ;)

Nah, I always loved the TEOH tone, not so the ADD tone. It's from some TEOH excerpts, but it's so subtle that's not actually making up the tone so much. The real deal is the REQ scooping some nasty mids, lowpassing and adding some highs ;). The s-preshigh impulse is awesome but too middy for a mix, so the "secret" is to take some mud away with EQ ;)

Cheers! :headbang:

I really like your bass tone. i think it sounds a bit different to your common patch.
could you share that bass patch?