Small vocal question

epicous said:
From G3 to C6, then you have almost 3 octaves of vocal range, and you are a countertenor or alto male. The male voices: bass, baritone, tenor and countertenor or alto. All of them can do some equal notes: from G3 to C4.
As you belong to the highest pitched male voice, your chest cavity can project notes that I only can do with my head cavity, as I am a baritone.
I would kill to have that range at least with some authority. I am a baritone as well. In fact, a low baritoneas I can hit some pretty low notes. I sing harmony because I simply don't have a nice voice and play guitar anyway but when in practice, my falsetto has a reasonable range. However I'm always "kissing the mic" as I have no power with with my falsetto.

Bryant

Hmmm, I'm confused. I said my range begins at the 3rd fret of the 6th guitar string and ends at the 8th fret of the 1st string, or thereabout. Is that G3->C6 or G2->C5??

Second question: is this note (the 8th fret of the 1st guitar string) what is called the "high C"?

and, by the way, is this a Tenor or a Baritone vocal range? Because I thought the Baritone ends at the 3rd fret of the first string (the G) but I also thought that the Tenor began at the 5th string's B or C. So, I can go lower than a Tenor and higher than a Baritone? What's this vocal type?