Snax - FX

Cheers man, that was pretty cool actually!
What amp sim? It kind of had the engl vibe but the lows sounded more like a Mesa???

Cheers!

Didn't like the Devin one, at all :(

The KSE one was ok, bit flat sounding??? But yeah, that's ok. Cheers for responses guys, just wanted to get my head around this thing!!

Sell me your 2/50/2 for cheap :)

just listed it on rig-talk for $750 shipped

how much extra do you think shipping would be to the great Canadia?

by the way, just bought an Eventide Timefactor for live effects... so, I guess I've committed to selling the Axe-FX...

Next purchase will be a 5150 III :lol:

I think if anyone can pull that off it's Jocke.

Thanks, but you know, as soon as people know that's an Axe-FX, they start hearing stuff because:
a) It's digital.
b) It's expensive.

Needless to say, I'm happy as a pig in shit, It's the best guitar gear I've ever bought in my life. IMO, the Axe-FX with a pwer amp and a cab or full range monitor piss on other guitar based gear. Toobz or not. But that's what I think. Somehow it's inconceivable for the human brain to grasp the fact that a 2U rack mounted ugly digital thing can sound as good (or better) as a real tube amp. And there are no winners in those discussions, so I just lay low and let people think that it sounds "flat, digital, too bass heavy, too thin and too (insert whatever)". I've heard it all. ;)

^^ I don't disagree with that. But the fact is, of course, everyone has their taste, so whether it's digital, tube, SS, whatever, everyone will think it's better if it tickles their personal fancy. I think with a power amp and cab it would be great, but most of the clips I hear do honestly come across as ugly in the mids/ high mids and just lack that low end growl. That's not to say I think it's shit because of it. It just doesn't provide what I personally like in guitar tone :)

People such as yourself obviously enjoy what it brings to the table and what it does for you, and that's perfectly fine and how it should be :)

If there's a market for it, then I guess it's made it's place hasn't it :)

I've got one and really love it. Now, I'm not one to really tweak this kind of gear a ton, and you can do a lot more with it than I have done, but I think it sounds really good. For my album, I'd prefer someone who really knows their stuff (like Lasse) to do true reamping, but this thing sounds really good direct, really good on clean/effected stuff, and with a power amp and cab I'm certain it would be killer too. This is a snippet from the tracking sessions we did in January, it's quad tracked. I used the "Petrucci Rhythm" patch as my baseline for this setting, and took off the phaser that came stock, and I believe I added the TS808 to it. Did some minor EQ and such tweaks past that. I'm not gonna claim this is the best the AxeFX will do by any means, but this is a patch with minimal tweaking. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5432151/DeathOfADream-AxeFX.wav

And by the way, that vid on the first page....that is a very sexy Suhr Modern......only about $4000 USD.......

Thanks, but you know, as soon as people know that's an Axe-FX, they start hearing stuff because:
a) It's digital.
b) It's expensive.

Needless to say, I'm happy as a pig in shit, It's the best guitar gear I've ever bought in my life. IMO, the Axe-FX with a pwer amp and a cab or full range monitor piss on other guitar based gear. Toobz or not. But that's what I think. Somehow it's inconceivable for the human brain to grasp the fact that a 2U rack mounted ugly digital thing can sound as good (or better) as a real tube amp. And there are no winners in those discussions, so I just lay low and let people think that it sounds "flat, digital, too bass heavy, too thin and too (insert whatever)". I've heard it all. ;)

I would have agreed until I changed cabs to the Mesa recto 4x12 and finally got myself a 5150. A tubescreamer boosting a 5150 into a Mesa recto 4x12 is the magic combo for me... there is no "better" than that, only different. there really is nothing about it that I don't like other than the lack of versatility, which is why I'm planning on getting a 5150 III, which is capable of nice cleans and mid-gain rock tones as well as the extreme metal stuff.

I used to feel the same way... disliking a lot of things about various amps. I think a big part of that is just finding a cab you truly love though. That's what it was for me, anyways... the recto 4x12 made a huge difference for me.