SNG

Oh yeah, I need shiny silver things to hang in the fruit trees and scare the birds!!

Kings Of Beer - Tankard

Reactions: redfly
It's no worse than anything else they have done since Max and Igor left. :) I don't care how Andreas polishes his turds he is nothing without the Cav brothers. He might have written a few good riffs, maybe even a half decent song but he has not released anything memorable or good. Cav's at their worst were better that Andreas version of Seps, which sucks given the heritage the name has in thrash.

Northern Crown (Lament Of The Undead King) - Tankard.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It's no worse than anything else they have done since Max and Igor left. :) I don't care how Andreas polishes his turds he is nothing without the Cav brothers. He might have written a few good riffs, maybe even a half decent song but he has not released anything memorable or good. Cav's at their worst were better that Andreas version of Seps, which sucks given the heritage the name has in thrash.

Northern Crown (Lament Of The Undead King) - Tankard.
Did you copy that from Blabber? lol ;) :yow::popcorn: Seems a bit harsh?:lol:

Reactions: Neptune
Did you copy that from Blabber? lol ;) :yow::popcorn: Seems a bit harsh?:lol:

No, I'm practising for Blabber. I thought I'd give the new Seps a go because I thought it would be unfair to hate it without hearing it. I haven't liked anything they have done for a long time and I thought I was doing okay not letting that bias influence me. But then I read an article with Derek who basically said "fuck all the fans who don't think this is Sepultura we are better than when the Cav's were in the band." Then I read an article with Andreas and he basically said "Fuck everyone who thinks Max and Igor were the only ones who could write music. I've been writing better shit than them for years." They are both living in a dream land. Derek sings like a girl and if Andreas thinks anything he's written by himself comes close to Schizophrenia he needs help. The most memorable thing I took from the new album was that it had some really slow and boring shit in the middle of a few songs that almost had me thinking I was asleep. I couldn't remember any of the songs an hour after listening to it.

Speedking - Venom

Reactions: redfly
No, I'm practising for Blabber. I thought I'd give the new Seps a go because I thought it would be unfair to hate it without hearing it. I haven't liked anything they have done for a long time and I thought I was doing okay not letting that bias influence me. But then I read an article with Derek who basically said "fuck all the fans who don't think this is Sepultura we are better than when the Cav's were in the band." Then I read an article with Andreas and he basically said "Fuck everyone who thinks Max and Igor were the only ones who could write music. I've been writing better shit than them for years." They are both living in a dream land. Derek sings like a girl and if Andreas thinks anything he's written by himself comes close to Schizophrenia he needs help. The most memorable thing I took from the new album was that it had some really slow and boring shit in the middle of a few songs that almost had me thinking I was asleep. I couldn't remember any of the songs an hour after listening to it.

Speedking - Venom
That's funny I really didn't get that impression from Derrick's interview. But I don't care either way. I've never followed either camps or them while together. I was just curious. I thought the first new song they came out with wasn't too bad.

King Of The Rat Bastards - Overkill

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Derek's biggest issue is playing in a band with Andreas who can't let the past go because he doesn't have the talent to stand on his own. Schizophrenia is a classic top tier thrash album, it would have been hard for any band to follow that up with something better. After the fights Andreas should never have kept the name going. If he'd have named his new band something different his music today would not still be getting compared to an obvious classic band like it is. Derek and Andreas seem to start most of the shit fights on line with their comments and at times it really does look like a case of the 'any publicity is good publicity' mantra from them. I hadn't listened to any of the songs released before the official release date so I don't know which song you thought wasn't bad but from what I heard there is only brief moments of enjoyment in any of the songs.

All The Kings Horses - Warrant (the thrash band)

This is so funny. As someone who doesn't really know them I can only go by what other people say about them. Some people on blabber were saying the musicality of Sepultura went way up once Andreas joined . And I thought that made sense because I've heard some of Max's other stuff and there's not much too it. But then there's just as many people who say Sepultura sucks because of Kisser. And it seems like everything having to do with this band is that way. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground for people.
Personally from the interviews I've read it seemed like Max and Igor were the shit talkers.( His wife is def crazy!)
So it's really funny how we can get totally different takes from the same thing :p
I don't have much opinion on who should be using the name. No dog in this fight I guess :)
I'm not sure what the song was either. Definitely not the newest one the released.

King Nothing - Metallica (the alternative band) :heh:

Seems to me that it's two sides of a coin. Those who were with Seps from the start and those who came along later, both defend each generation of the band. Nothing either brother did post Seps is like what they did on those early albums, Cav Conspiracy is the closest and even that is a far distance away. Whereas what Seps are doing now is probably closer to nu-metal with a hint of groove thrown in rather than the downright thrash of their first few albums. So to me those who like Schizophrenia are never going to like the current band and vice versa. I've tried to get into later years of Seps and I can't do it, I didn't even hate Andreas and Derek when I first tried their post 2000 stuff and every new album I do try to give them a go but every album Derek or Andreas have to make fools of themselves in the media and the music doesn't back up the voices, well not for me anyway. The Cavs seemed to ignore a lot of the comparisons made to the current band when they released their last album, were as Andreas and Derek always seem to go the other way when they have something coming out. Sometimes I wonder if the shit isn't coming from the Seps camp just to create publicity like the "I hate Elvis' badges.

Slave To The King - Assaulter
(that alternative band has a following like Seps...but Seps don't have a wedding band)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Seems to me that it's two sides of a coin. Those who were with Seps from the start and those who came along later, both defend each generation of the band. Nothing either brother did post Seps is like what they did on those early albums, Cav Conspiracy is the closest and even that is a far distance away. Whereas what Seps are doing now is probably closer to nu-metal with a hint of groove thrown in rather than the downright thrash of their first few albums. So to me those who like Schizophrenia are never going to like the current band and vice versa. I've tried to get into later years of Seps and I can't do it, I didn't even hate Andreas and Derek when I first tried their post 2000 stuff and every new album I do try to give them a go but every album Derek or Andreas have to make fools of themselves in the media and the music doesn't back up the voices, well not for me anyway. The Cavs seemed to ignore a lot of the comparisons made to the current band when they released their last album, were as Andreas and Derek always seem to go the other way when they have something coming out. Sometimes I wonder if the shit isn't coming from the Seps camp just to create publicity like the "I hate Elvis' badges.

Slave To The King - Assaulter
(that alternative band has a following like Seps...but Seps don't have a wedding band)
Lol well you gotta have a wedding band!
I'm gonna try and dig up that Sep song. Not to try and change your mind or anything. But I need to hear again with the input I've gotten. I thought it was pretty un Nu Metal, but I might be mixed up or maybe I didn't listen to the whole thing lol.

The Pale King - Testament

I wouldn't hire Kirk and Rob for a wedding gig :)
Actually Seps and Metallica do have quite a bit in common. Their fan base is heavily divided between old and new, their new music will never be the same as their old and they make a lot of hot air in the press. The main difference is that Seps changed because the band fell apart, Metallica changed because too much of the band stayed the same :)

Kings Cross Ladies - Buffalo

:D

Well I found the song. Honestly upon another listen it's just ok. Some cool parts but kinda eh as a whole. I'm not sure if any of it is Nu Metal but I'm also not sure it isn't. It's called Isolation. I won't bother posting it. :)
One thing I noticed is that Derrick guy has a big body and a tiny little head. It's really noticeable to me lol.
I keep thinking of the Beetlejuice movie and the head shrinker.

No Cross - Corrosion Of Conformity

I do reckon some of their songs have good parts, I just don't think I've heard one that has enough good parts to last the entire song in a long time.

Sons Of The Southern Cross - Dead Kelly

Reactions: redfly and Neptune