So america is gonna get bombed

The thing is that the UN is actually the US.Lately they haven't been so supportive but not long ago they were very supportive of every US action

This is what pissed me off:

"will you or any other white computer owning university going people do the jobs latins and blacks have done for years? those jobs are the base of the world's greatest economy. maybe not the gardeners or the maids but what about the people who do those jobs that everyone else refuses to do?"

And the answer is YES. The jobs they're doing are the ones that they get easeir because they're willing to work for much less...

Just wanted to clear that up.

well they are willing to work for what they pay
a friend of mine was desperate for money so he went to dallas to a car assembly factory,I can't remember how much he made per hour but it wasn't so bad
he told me there were 3 black guys,bunch of latins and no white people working there
I can understand why tho,it's about going up in the social ladder not staying on the same place.the latins who work there don't share the "american dream"
I bet tons of people wouldn't want to work in a place where they had to do lots of physical work and get paid jut enough for the rent and food
so yes you need those people,closing the borders won't help that much

What's up with all the two faced crap here? If you happen to be against Bush and all his bullshit that makes you anti-American? We all have to 'open our minds' and support this war because your government, who trained both saddam and osama and has effectively put an imbargo on all goods going to Afganistan and Iraq is somehow....helping them?

You guys really need to get a grip on your government. 'If you are not at top level you know shit', I find it funny, saying that statement, most if you go on to defend 'shit' that you know 'shit' about.

NK is far more of a threat and yes, it is for oil. Not 'compassion'. Since when did the US give a flying shit about people? It doesn't even provide the basics for it's poor. Your government is so despised because it is a huge porpaganda machine which apparently can turn fairly intelligent people into racist hateful people who will do everything to protect the next dictator - Bush.

Wait until all your freedoms are given up,and your e-mail, phone calls and essentially every move are watched because you think Bush is some kind of god. He's an egomaniac with serious mental health issues.

Go back to your own country
you hippie/comnie idiots
fuck off if you don't like it
you'd all be speaking German by now if it wasn't for us

Heard it all. And it is stupid as hell. Wise up. It's a freaking government people around the world don't like, not you personally.

That's true, but it's also easy for people to throw stones at the big target America...especially since alot of the countries who are throwing those stones don't bring shit to the table of the world. Personally, I think it's going to happen. The middle finger of the US will be raised to everyone, and a "fend for yourself, you ungrateful pieces of shit" will be heard from us to all of the world. Granted, this is just my opinion, I really have no clue what's going to happen.

Believe it or not, some people literally sit around and like to talk shit about America...that's their favorite past time. I worked with alot of Canadians when I was stationed in Alaska, and you'd think that we raped their women and stole their children. Normally, Americans really don't give a shit about anyone, and don't sit around all the time talking shit about how much they hate Canada. But these guys, WOW! I mean, it's like a requirement to talk shit about Americans if you are in the Canadian Air Force. Granted, not EVERYONE made it their purpose in life to bring down Americans, but I was shocked at how many of them spent hours upon hours each day, brooding about how much they hate America. It was hilarious. We don't give hardly anyone a second thought, and they make it their goal of the day to talk shit to at least one American. That was when I decided that Canada has way too much time on their hands, and that was when I stopped taking them seriously.

You say it's the government that people around the world don't like, not our people. Yeah, that's right. Sure. Is that why they rammed two jets into the twin towers? I sure don't hear people saying, "DOWN WITH THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, BUT THEIR PEOPLE ARE OK BY ME!!!!!!" No, they're saying, "Down with America" as a whole. And you know what's so fucked up? Canada's immigration system is helping these people get into the country due to its lax system. Yeah, you can talk all you want about how people all over the world only dislike our politicians as soon as you have two jets ram your skyscrapers, killing thousands, because your country is helping them do it. Granted, they aren't purposely helping them, but there needs to be serious changes in your immigration.

Originally posted by Stoner Sioux
I think that Bush is a sad excuse for a president. He's fucking up this country worse than his daddy did. He's trying to finish his daddy's war too. I bet he'll be the cause of WWIII. Can't the US just mind its own business. I hate the fact that we always have to get involved in other countries business. Oh well. There's nothing I can do to stop it. So if we're gonna get bombed then its Bush's fault.

it will be our downfall i assure you!

Odd. Odd is the only word I can think to use to describe these times and the situations at hand. It makes me think, "What do other people, from both sides believe? Do they truely believe what they say in their hearts and minds? Are they sheep as some would call them? Neither?

I do not pretend to know all of the facts behind the goings on in the world today, but I will say this of my own country: Only with both of its wings can an eagle fly. United we stand, devided we fall.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick". Indeed it is a fine quote (in my mind) to live by. However, it will never matter how big the stick is that you carry, if you never have the wisdom, strength and courage to use it.

Celtic Fox, I think that was the best posting on this thread yet. In the end, it's not about, "HAHA I TOLD YOU SO!!!", rather, it should be about making this world a better place. Some people see that ousting Saddam by force is a good idea, some disagree. I think we can all agree that he presents a danger to the entire world, and there needs to be a change. How we go about doing that, is a can of worms that we needn't open any further on this board, LOL!

Do you really think all those wars and messing with other countries is because you want to make the world a better place? Please don't tell me you're that naive...

Well taking down Saddam is only gonna make the world a better place if the same is done with all the bad leaders
what are we gonna do then? start a big world war??

Being in the United States, I can't say that I want the country to be attacked.

Anyway, the U.S. citizens don't have a choice if we attack Iraq. It's probably going to happen. I just don't see how the U.S. government has the right to say "Oh, you aren't leading your country like we are...And what's this? You're also making weapons of mass destruction, although we have more than anyone in the world? How dare you!" I think the UN should decide what to do about Saddam. The UN is there to help solve conflicts between countries. Bush seems like he could care less about our status with the rest of the world. I don't like the fact that when we go to other countries, people automatically hate us for being from the USA.

Regardless, I don't have a choice whether or not Bush attacks Iraq. I'd just rather he not. I just think Bush is going to keep going from country to country, replacing governments with "American-esque governments."

I'm sure after Iraq, it'll be North Korea, then maybe Bush will do something even more stupid, like go against Palestine :lol: He probably would...anything to support our "great buddies" in Israel.

Is it just me, or is everyone forgetting that Saddam has gassed, tortured, and executed thousands of his own people? Saying that he isn't "leading his country like the U.S is..." is like saying that the only difference between me and Jeffrey Dahmer is the color of our hair. When was the last time you got gassed? When was the last time you were experimented on? When was the last time your President pulled you out of a conference to execute you and your family? So before you say that the only difference between Iraq and America is the fact that America is allowed to produce WMD, make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about.

We will never attack North Korea, unless North Korea attacks us first. There will be way too much collateral damage, and that's what's part of LOAC...Law of Armed Conflict. Obviously some of you dumbasses don't realize that there are rules to war, as strange as it may sound. According to the Law of Armed Conflict, if the successful completion of the objective is overshadowed by too many civilian casualties, the objective isn't worth it. In other words, if Saddam surrounds his palace with all of his civilians in his country, we won't take him out, because that would decimate all those innocent people. Now, on the other hand, you have to weigh the pros and cons. Civilian casualties will be avoided at all costs, but there will sometimes be something that goes wrong, and people die. It is our responsibility to ensure that casualties are kept to a minimum. Saddam said, and I quote, "YOURS IS A SOCIETY THAT CANNOT ACCEPT 10,000 DEAD IN ONE BATTLE." He's right. We won't accept that, not anymore. These days, any death at all, even one single casualty is almost unacceptable...and it should be that way. There shouldn't be war to begin with.

You say that when we go to other countries, people automatically hate us. How many countries have you been to that everyone hates you? Even though people protest here in South Korea against U.S. presence, just as many South Koreans protest FOR America...THEY DON'T WANT US TO LEAVE. THEY REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO HAVE THEIR FAMILIES SLAUGHTERED, AND THEY REALIZE THAT WITHOUT OUR PRESENCE, NOTHING WOULD KEEP THE CHONGER FROM MOVING SOUTH.

The Kuwaitis love us...absolutely adore us. Talk about appreciative.

All across Europe, I've yet to meet someone who found out I was American and just decided to kick the shit out of me. I think more people should make statements based on personal experience, rather than popular OPINION. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVE YET TO GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL...again...talk to me when you've fucking lived a little.

If you people are gonna bring it, don't bring it weak. If you are gonna make a statement and put your balls on the line, you better make goddamn sure that you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Is it just me, or is everyone forgetting that Saddam has gassed, tortured, and executed thousands of his own people?

gee and US soldiers come back home safely

ok thrash you win
*supports the Iraq war*
Kill kill kill!!!!!

Whoa, I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion, I'm just presenting another side to it that everyone is forgetting.

There's a difference between the US ARMED FORCES and the US CIVILIANS. Anyone in the military is a target, plain and simple. It sucks, but we are considered expendable, because we are here to protect the people of America. No one ever said anything about US soldiers coming home safely. Of course, we HOPE that happens, but dying in war is a part of the job. As a member of the armed forces, you are expected to lay down your life, if necessary, for your country. Now when a terrorist organization targets AMERICAN CIVILIANS, that's a different story. These are innocent people.

Ask yourself this...was the country in this big of an uproar when they bombed the Khobar Towers in Saudi, killing hundreds of American Airmen and Soldiers? Was the country in this big of an uproar in the Beirut bombings? What about the USS Cole bombing? There wasn't an uproar, and do you know why? BECAUSE WE WEREN'T INNOCENT CIVILIANS. WE VOLUNTEERED TO DO THE DUTY, KNOWING FULL WELL THE RISK. IT'S A TRAGEDY, AND IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED, BUT THAT'S PART OF BEING IN THE MILITARY. YOU RUN THE RISK OF DYING EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I'm not trying to "win" anything. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and SHOULD STAND THEIR GROUND, IF THEY BELIEVE IN IT WHOLE-HEARTEDLY. So you're telling me, that after a few debates on an internet message board, you've given up? Of course, I know you are being fasecious, but what does that say about your conviction? If you believe so strongly and have the facts to back it up that you are right, you should defend it, and not throw in the towel. However, if you don't have anything to back up, yer pretty much fucked. That's why I'm debating this whole thing, because everyone has jumped on the fuckin' bandwagon about how America is an evil, corporate, war-mongering nation. They present HALF-TRUTHS about every point they bring up, so I present the entire story. This is the reason that the media is fucked, because people only hear what they want to hear, not the truth.

Kill saddam!destroy Iraq(except for the oil) and make the world a better place
but damn it at least say it's for the oil not for making the world a better place
if Bush comes out and says:Ok what we really want is that oil then go ahead and be a butcherer,history shall condemn him. but doing war to bring "peace" is just idiotic

Originally posted by Stoner Rock Chick
What's up with all the two faced crap here? If you happen to be against Bush and all his bullshit that makes you anti-American? We all have to 'open our minds' and support this war because your government, who trained both saddam and osama and has effectively put an imbargo on all goods going to Afganistan and Iraq is somehow....helping them?

You guys really need to get a grip on your government. 'If you are not at top level you know shit', I find it funny, saying that statement, most if you go on to defend 'shit' that you know 'shit' about.

NK is far more of a threat and yes, it is for oil. Not 'compassion'. Since when did the US give a flying shit about people? It doesn't even provide the basics for it's poor. Your government is so despised because it is a huge porpaganda machine which apparently can turn fairly intelligent people into racist hateful people who will do everything to protect the next dictator - Bush.

Wait until all your freedoms are given up,and your e-mail, phone calls and essentially every move are watched because you think Bush is some kind of god. He's an egomaniac with serious mental health issues.

Go back to your own country
you hippie/comnie idiots
fuck off if you don't like it
you'd all be speaking German by now if it wasn't for us

Heard it all. And it is stupid as hell. Wise up. It's a freaking government people around the world don't like, not you personally.

Wow... all this crap from someone who can't even say the word "gun" on a school campus. :lol:

Time to take that pipe out of your mouth and let the high subside, cause you're so silly I'm laughing my ass off. :heh: