So are Agalloch the new golden child of underground metal yet?

cthulufhtagn said:
on that note, old man gloom "christmas" = GAYMAZING
Fixed. My favorite part is the last 40 seconds or so. Holy fucking shit what a perfect way to end such an amazing album.

OMG = all 9/10 releases

i admit i need to give it more attention. but i dunno man.

t_1261.gif

Christmas is the reason to pick up that album, for me the ambient side of OMG appeals more than the heavy tracks, which sometimes feel incomplete, but that may be because I'm used to the epic buildups and dynamics of Aaron's day job. And by -core I should have emphasized metalcore...

I have only recently been listening to Agalloch so I am no where near sick of them. I have never seen them mentioned outside of UM.

speaking of Opeth, I sure wish they woulda not released Ghosts of Turdition. It's so goddam bad. I thoroughly enjoy all their other albums. Say what you will, but Blackwater Park is a brilliant album that introduced me to a whole new world of music.
Agalloch are quite talented and Pale Folklore is ace but I'm still at a loss as to how you guys can fellate their other releases. "Atmosphere" only goes so far with me. I can't play guitar worth shit but I can create my own atmospheres. I don't need a band to make me depressed.

dorian gray said:
speaking of Opeth, I sure wish they woulda not released Ghosts of Turdition. It's so goddam bad. I thoroughly enjoy all their other albums. Say what you will, but Blackwater Park is a brilliant album that introduced me to a whole new world of music.
oh you were so close to getting a post of agreement but then you lost it somewhere around
Agalloch are quite talented and Pale Folklore is ace but I'm still at a loss as to how you guys can fellate their other releases. "Atmosphere" only goes so far with me. I can't play guitar worth shit but I can create my own atmospheres. I don't need a band to make me depressed.
worst post ever :Smug:

I can't see a reason how Agalloch can be accused of Opethism, I really can't. The new one is as pure and intense and as it gets when speaking of emotional rock music; so it's not mindblowingly technical, not the least bit innovative, k so what? At least it's not some more overproduced, inbred prog hero metal.