So, Fates Warning...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
I was just listening to A Pleasant Shade of Gray and that reminded me of what an amazing band this is!! I am really looking forward to seeing them again, it's been waaaaay too long!

I hope you guys are all gonna stick around for Fates. And to those who aren't familiar with the band, or aren't planning to do so, don't be fools. You're in for quite a spectacular treat!! :headbang::headbang:

Well said, Angrarules. Fates is a fantastic band that deserves the headline spot for the 10th PP. I have been listening to them for 20+ years and Jim and Ray are top notch musicians.

I am looking forward to seeing Fates as well. The last time I saw them was in 1988 with Savatage. The only thing i am worried about is I will be worn out after Brainstorm kicks my ass!!!

Fates Will Be Amazing! Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti are the real deal 1-2 punch... And Ray will be great! Their music is timeless and the show will be outstanding!

Anybody who misses their set will be missing out on one of the greatest bands ever!

Fates Will Be Amazing! Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti are the real deal 1-2 punch... And Ray will be great! Their music is timeless and the show will be outstanding!

Anybody who misses their set will be missing out on one of the greatest bands ever!

This ^^ :kickass:

I really hate APSoG with every fiber of my being because it's like watching paint dry to listen to it...but, AtG and No Exit are pure masterpieces. If they stayed to material from Inside Out on back, then color me pleased. That said, I'm dying to see FATES WARNING.

Has anybody seen them live before? I'm just curious do they ever do any of the old 80s stuff or do they pretty much stay in the Ray Alder years? Either way, it should be a kick ass show.

Has anybody seen them live before? I'm just curious do they ever do any of the old 80s stuff or do they pretty much stay in the Ray Alder years? Either way, it should be a kick ass show.

Yes, I've seen them live 5 times over the years. Great live band, and they rock mightily. My fave show was when they opened for Dream Theater on the Awake tour. Fates had their best lineup, and they smoked the place.

i haven't seen them since the Perfect Symmetry tour with Powermad back in the 80's. i am praying they stick to old stuff. last few records haven't floated my boat much.

Seen Fates well over 10 or so times - ALWAYS top notch! Saw them do APSoG twice in its entirety - absolutely brilliant.

This is one of my all time favorite bands, but I do have a concern. Maybe it was just me, or maybe it was the nature of the material but I was not impressed by Ray's vocal performance with Redemption. Can anyone comment on what he sounds like nowadays with Fates Warning. Does he still have it?

I didn't think Frank was going to be there, isn't Bernie Versailles playing 2nd guitar? And who's playing keys?

This is one of my all time favorite bands, but I do have a concern. Maybe it was just me, or maybe it was the nature of the material but I was not impressed by Ray's vocal performance with Redemption. Can anyone comment on what he sounds like nowadays with Fates Warning. Does he still have it?

finally. i agree. i DO NOT like redemption at all. honestly, i haven't enjoyed the last few FATES albums like the early stuff with Arch and up to IO with ray.

i think ray will pull it off. the live DVD i have he sounds good on the older stuff, but if they do any new crap he can only do so much with garbage material. sorry. they cannot top Parallels. one of my favorites of all time. i am so looking forward to hearing "Eleventh Hour"

I can't imagine FW doing any Arch-era material. Or rather, I can't imagine Ray singing any of it. I'm expecting a set list comparable to the Live In Athens dvd (link to tracklist: http://www.insideout.de/catalog/popup_track.php?pID=45&osCsid=c22b0836fe1ba9dd73a60240362c6c23 )

That said, since they aren't performing/touring in support of a recent album release, this might be a prime opportunity for a career retrospective sort of show. My hopes (in order of likelihood):

1. A preview of songs from a forthcoming album
2. Ray doing a few of the old ones (Guardian? Kyrie????)
3. A guest appearance by John Arch (Kyrie?!!!? Guardian?)
4. A guest appearance by Mark Zonder

I actually love their last three albums, and will be extremely happy if the setlist is the same as Athens 2005, but any other variations will be a treat too.

I just realized that this year marks the 25th Anniversary of <i>Night on Brocken</i>. So perhaps there is reason to hope for a career retrospective showcase....