So, Fates Warning...

I have a ProgPower X playlist in iTunes. Every time a Fates Warning song queues up, I wonder why I don't listen to these guys more. Apparently, I'm not as bright as I think I am... which somehow, doesn't seem possible. :loco:

Zod

1. A preview of songs from a forthcoming album
2. Ray doing a few of the old ones (Guardian? Kyrie????)
3. A guest appearance by John Arch (Kyrie?!!!? Guardian?)
4. A guest appearance by Mark Zonder

Altho I agree that the Athens DVD setlist may be the best guess, i think that...

1. Is doubtful. I think, if anything, this is a nostalgic crowd. Plus, Im not aware of any progress on a new CD.

2. Is possible, or even most likely, given that 3 doesnt happen. Altho, i think if it happenes, it will be very limited. Prelude to Ruin, The Apparition, maybe Guardian, and MAYBE Silent Cries, since they played it a couple years ago in Athens.

3. Is VERY do-able for them. Whether they chose to, who knows? Fans would be VERY happy tho.

4. Is not very likely at all.

Just my 2 cents.

I have a ProgPower X playlist in iTunes. Every time a Fates Warning song queues up, I wonder why I don't listen to these guys more. Apparently, I'm not as bright as I think I am... which somehow, doesn't seem possible. :loco:

Zod

This is one of those bands that about every 5 years I go into pure Fates mode in my car for about a month...:lol:

Do you have any bands like that?

I love this band to death, and have wanted to see them for years. They're the reason I'm going to PP. APSoG is one of my 5 or 10 favorite records of all time, and I'd love to see them play it in its entirety. I do wonder what the line-up will be and what type of setlist they'll play. I hope they do a good amount of stuff from the last three albums.

Joey Vera and Bobby Jarzombek both mention playing with FW@PP on their myspace pages. I haven't found anything re: a second guitarist or keys....
X is back playing guitar for FATES WARNING. I believe it was posted on the forum what the lineup will be. If memory serves correct it's Ray Alder, Jim Matheos, Frank "X" Aresti, Joey Very, and Bobby "The Zombie" Jarzombek. And a "Fuck yeah" to all that!