so I´m going to buy the 6505 112 combo

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I´m realy looking forward to finaly own a 6505:)
+This baby will help me relax my back (because no more 4x12 + top transport for shows)
The 6505 112 has a build in Sheffield speaker, can you give me some inside knowledge?
I own a 4x12 marshall v30 so I´m fine for recording but I want a good tone Live without thinking about any shit backline on the shows(you all know that behringer piece of shit )
I own a H&K warp T 4x12 too. It has 2 v30 and 2 wtf speakers in it.
I could change one of the v30 with the sheffield...but the H&K has only 8 ohm input.
So I dont know if I fuck with the impedance.....

I know strange post, but its late here in cold old germany:)

cheers

The Sheffield speaker sucks (harsh, trebly,...), so definitely replace it.

V30 would be ok, at 16 ohm (!!!).

Personally, I can't wait to try Celestion G12-K100's in my 212 combo.

Why 16ohm for the intern speaker?
If I remember correct, the 112 has 4/8/16 inputs...

I was also thinking about a Celestion G12T/75 Speaker

I thought this would be a nice combo, because I own the marshall v30 for recording and this would give some new flavour:)

the head has different ohm outputs because the head has to deal with different speaker cabs in its daily use i presume. well my 6505+ has multi ohm options - so if its a combo you couldn't go changing the speakers ohms because you'd simply destroy the amp and the shef's and i wouldn't expect to see an ohm changeable option

Yeah Mike I know what you mean but,

The intern speaker is connected to the outputs (with a cable like any external cab) of the amp, so I dont think this would be a problem. Only if I connect a SECOND cab to the combo

thanks for the replies!!!