so i am going to go attempt to give blood again tomorrow

I gave blood a few times in high school. Passed out like whoa. I was like 120 at the time.. (and a whopping 130 now!) I got to miss class though, so whateva.

Greg, being serious, a trick I learned is to drink about a gallon of water like an hour before you go. Seriously, like a gallon. This will cause the veins to swell, as well as help to avoid vein collapse. They can usually get the vein in one shot. I'm a very hard stick, and usually get jabbed like 10 times, and it ends up comng from my wrists or top of hands, which I don't suggest having done, unless they NEED to. Skins a bit more tender there. haha

i've never successfully given blood, either--keep getting turned away when i answer that questionnaire (and no, i don't answer "YES" on the "HAVE YOU HAD UNPROTECTED ANAL SEX WITH A PROSTITUTE RECENTLY" question. well, not always).

thanks for the advice paul. i actually made it through ok. i got woozy at first because it had been a while since i really gave blood. the last time didn't count because i fucked up. but eventually i felt alright and i did my good deed for the day and went home. :)