So.. I did something long overdue

Awesome. Maybe I should consider getting a shirt too since I've been thinking of doing some metal shopping. Speaking of the music again, I can't believe what a grower this CD is. First time I heard I liked it without being overwhelmed but with every listen it just gets better. Even the songs I've gone through 50-100 times like Solitary Refinement and A Life Less Lived still hit me more and more.

Glad to hear you picked it up - and hell yes, get a shirt!

It's also good the album continues to grow on you. It's been my experience that the albums I still love years after I get them are ones that took time to fully sink in. Being instantly blown away usually means it'll have a short shelf life for me.

i'm def considering giving myself that all we had-shirt for christmas. $20 with shipping aint too expensive.

yeah, that's my experience with cds too. My initial 2006 favourite was Amorphis "Eclipse", but that one has really faded fast while still being very good. It's all about attention to detail in the music really. The more that's left to discover in the cd after the first couple of listens, the better it usually gets in the end :)

Eclipse was pretty good, but my all time favorite Amorphis still remains as Tales From the Thousand Lakes

Other bands you might dig:

Slumber
Susperia
Isis
Red Sparowes
Cult Of Luna