So I just listened to Once Sent from the Golden Hall

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Music was pretty good and the vocals were pretty crap. Question: why do people compare Amon Amarth to Aeternas? I only know ...And so the Night Became but christ, that album is epic beyond words and a completely different mood than this here Tolkien band. Granted, Once Sent is good stuff, but not even close to that Aeternus work of art.

Amon Amarth are guilty pleasure viking death metal, good for drinking beer etc. There's not really much "depth" to it per se.

Aeternus, on the other hand, have atmosphere up the wazoo, and that blend of folk/black/death is outstanding, added with the fact that Ares has one of the best "growls" in the business.

I can't remember what I rated that Aeternus album in my review but I'm pretty sure it wasn't less than a 9/10. Might have been a 9.5.

Oh and I've never seen anyone compare Aeternus with Amon Amarth.

Maybe I'm just making this all up then! :loco: Could've sworn I've seen the two compared before.

Zod, wink wink, nudge nudge, joo got it mang. It is an AMAZING album, JayK's review is spot on as the saying goes.

i like both, but there's not much comparing the two other than both are epic. and both started off their careers with their strongest stuff.

for the record, aeternus pisses on amon amarth

Aeternus pisses on most of Amon Amarth. There's always songs like "Victorious March" and the stuff on "Sorrows Throughout the Nine Worlds"... But for the most part... yeah, pretty much...

no AA song (not even Last with Pagan Blood) can match Sworn Revenge, Sentinels of Darkness or the rest of BTWM or most of ASTNB or all of Dark SOrcery or some of Ascension of Terror or some of Shadows of Old.

You know, when the drums and riffery comes in on There's No Wine Like The Blood's Crimson I pretty much poop myself because I think the goblin war drums are after my ass. Fuckin' cool.

J. said:
no AA song (not even Last with Pagan Blood) can match Sworn Revenge, Sentinels of Darkness or the rest of BTWM or most of ASTNB or all of Dark SOrcery or some of Ascension of Terror or some of Shadows of Old.

I agree, but it doesn't get pissed on by it either.

NADatar said:
Music was pretty good and the vocals were pretty crap. Question: why do people compare Amon Amarth to Aeternas? I only know ...And so the Night Became but christ, that album is epic beyond words and a completely different mood than this here Tolkien band. Granted, Once Sent is good stuff, but not even close to that Aeternus work of art.

who in the fuck compares Amon Amarth to Aeternus, besides retarded people?

sorry if anyone I like does this, but you're retarded :lol:

"Shadows of Old" > yuo but yeah there's little point putting both bands on the same shelf. Amon Amarth is probably the best "happy death metal" live act around these days.