So, I need some new music recommendations...

Camden, I highly doubt you already finished the Sabaton discography, get to it boy!
Also, I suggest you catch up on some TYR so you can sing along with me at ProgPower.

By the way, Powerwolf is turning out to be an awesome suggestion! Thank you Magius!

HAHA that is true, I have finished that one CD. I just haven't gotten around to put it on the ipod

DUDE you should check out the new Epica CD, I think you will be presently supprised, very heavy, and alot of it is in the "jew scale" LOL

no, ill have to check that out. I got the new Epica yesterday that was pretty good. I am an Epica n00b so is it bad that that's the only one Ive heard?

Camden, Epica and Slough Feg are on opposite ends of the spectrum. With that said, you've started out with one heck of an album from Epica! Design Your Universe is one of my top picks of the year. If you like that one, then you'll dig the rest of their discography. :kickass:

~Brian~

Why is it so hard to believe that I might like an album that no one else likes? And why are you being such a douche about it?

Because clearly if it wasn't for the argument on the other thread, you wouldn't include a wink and the link on this post.

Also, I'm not the one being a douche about it. ;)

I'm going to second The Lord Wierd Slough Feg recommendation. Down among the Deadmen and Traveler are both essential albums.

Pentagram(Mezarkabul) Is another great, start with Anatolia, then Unspoken.

Skiltron, Basically power metal with bagpipes. Beheading the Liars is the album I'd recommend starting with.

If you can deal with harsh vocals, Imperanon's only album Blade is fantastic.

Some honorable mention goes to a few others, Wolf (The black Flame) Missa Mercuria, Just about anything from Skyclad is worth checking out, Riot (Thundersteel) Anathema (A natural Disaster) Destiny's End (Breathe Deep the Dark and Transition are both AMAZING.) anything by which Devin Townsend has used his name on it's label.

I don't know what all you've already listened to, so some of this will probably be redundant, but tehre's also a slew of more obvious acts i'm not going to bother mentioning since everybody and their uncle has heard of 'em.

Last edited by a moderator: