So what do people on other forums think of us?

I don't know about you, but personally a chick who can mix/play guitar is a turn on lol. And thanks Marcus, just saying what I felt had to be said.

In that case... you can always get yourself a girl-guitar:

teenar_48.jpg

I don't know about you, but personally a chick who can mix/play guitar is a turn on lol. And thanks Marcus, just saying what I felt had to be said.

you think it would be. i hooked up with a metaller/guitar player chick, and she was annoying as fuck!!! for some reason my best luck has been with girly girls.
sorry for the ot

Haha, seriously, though certainly not exclusively - why were you banned Jeff? It better be a good story :heh:

This is one of the only forums where I feel like I can actually talk to people that know what the fuck they are talking about. I JUST NOW signed up for the harmony-central forums, wow, what a piece of shit. I won't be going there much.

Even though I love you guys and this forum, i will live and die for my bros and hos over at http://www.shortscale.org , FUCK OFFSETGUITARS.COM. FUCK THEM TO A MELTING HELL.

This is one of the only forums where I feel like I can actually talk to people that know what the fuck they are talking about. I JUST NOW signed up for the harmony-central forums, wow, what a piece of shit. I won't be going there much.

Harmony central used to be a great place... now it's beyond bad, you still have good people hanging out over there (80% of them hang out here as well) but it has been taken over by useless cunts who think it's cool to post the most useless shit i have ever seen in my life.
Nothing wrong with that, normally i would say that.. but not in the damn amp or guitar section where you need to talk gear, clips, music! and not what colour your turd was today.

That being said, this forum is KING! People here share their stuff, knowledge and are helpfull most of the time.
I say we keep it like this for the years to come, just like we did for the last few years.

*raises glass*

Cheers! :kickass:

This is the only forum that I have continued to be a part of for more than 5 minutes, with the exception of a short-lived moment at sevenstring.org when I owned a HellRaiser C7 and the FenderPick.com forums which I barely visit anyway. Other than that, I have never been an active member in any other forum. I am a member, currently, of Cubase.Net, MotuNation.com, SEWatt.com (as well as 18watt), Line6.com, SevenString.org, GearSluts.com, HCAF and FenderPick.com's forums. I cannot remember the last time I have been to any of them, with the exception of FenderPick. The thing that sets this place apart from a place like GearSluts is that we aren't about gear-oriented bullshit. Yes, we talk about gear, we have an Equipment sub-forum here... But we are mostly about sharing techniques and tips/tricks, samples, presets, amp settings, helping out with mixing, reamping, drum programming as well as sharing music from projects we are working on and even our own personal music. This is a much better environment, IMHO, because there is not stupid ass "Well, it's not a Neve." bullshit going on. GearSluts has some serious elitist mentality going on that is very uninviting. To be honest I don't know how people still go there.

I found this forum through a Google search for something a loooooong time ago and this place was a result. I clicked the link, checked it out and saw some really cool threads going on. I noticed, even back then, that there were a lot of users and the forum stays pretty bumpin' for the most part. There is well-rounded subject matter, excellent tips based on experience and enough knowledge to fill a pretty thick book. Not to mention the good attitude that is apparent in just about every single member on here and then the well-timed humor...it all just adds up to be a really great community that I literally don't go a single day without visiting at least once. Take that how you want, I really do have a life! Haha.

SNEAP FORUM FOR LIFE BIATCH!

~006

this is the only forum I post on. i`ve learned a ton here. finally I dont feel like such a n00b anymore lol. also, you guys have showed me that you can get awesome results with consumer level gear! thanks guys.

yeah i like this place. when i was first starting out people were mad helpful and while i don't keep up with posting as much as i should it's definitely the most balanced place on the web with like minded audio geeks where people share and help rather than go "fuck you i have a ua 1176 and your plug in is shit"

plus jbroll is on here with his legendary posts which in itself makes it worthwhile

This is the only forum I could find that actually had useful information regarding what the hell I was recording. How many people on those other Pro Audio forums are actually legitimate headbangers?

I tried to read Slipperman's thread on heavy guitars on gearslutz, but the dude rambles. He also has the "big budget/studio/experienced player" mindset... hell, I dont' think he even once mentioned a Tubescreamer.
Most guys I work with don't have a clue how to get a good tone, and usually have never even played through a tube amp.

But from my experience anyway, according to posts on gearslutz, the reason I wasn't getting the guitar sounds I wanted was due to my converters, not because of lousy technique. (and utter bullshit, btw.)

Far more useful stuff on here, and people are willing to share ideas/work with each other. Been here since '05 and couldn't be happier.

Thanks for hosting this wonderful forum, Andy! :kickass: