So, what gigs are you attending in 2007?

I am interested in the empire period much more than the republic. The republic is so rustic and ghetto. I'm more interested in cultural history than politics/law and military stuff, so the cosmopolitanism of the pax romana is really neat. I studied the baths, apartment buildings, plumbing, burial rites, religions (specifically the response to and eventual adoption of christianty)cooking, etc. I cooked up some shit from a roman cookbook for a classics course once, it was not very good.

the politics is the main attraction to the republic for me i guess. the battles of the curia are incredible and very well documented (although sources vary a lot). and because in the empire the emperor just dominated politics it just becomes boring and predictable. i have done a bit of research on the expansion of the empire though and the army of the empire still interests me.

For some reason the first half of 2007 seems very dry in San Francisco. Well except that Enslaved are gonna play there, but Im in Finland now and will miss that show.

But bands that I hope make it over to SF this year:

Radiohead, I hope they release their new album and go on tour right away.
Sigur Ros, most likely wont play in 07 but I can hope and pray.
Dimmu Borgir, they should play once the new album hits.
Immortal better play San Fran if they play LA in July
Opeth would be extremely nice to but dont know about this year.
Arcturus, those guys should think about playing more than 2 shows per year.
Tool, I doubt they will play the states after they get back from their world tour, but you never know.
Emperor, what happened to the comeback tour, 2-4 shows, no those guys need to go on a major world tour!!!!!!

If I see all those shows this year I will be uber happy!!!