So, what's left for 2014?

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
This has been one of the best years I've ever had music-wise and am curious what's next. I just picked up the new 220 Volt from NEH and I know the Sanctuary is released Oct 14. Outside of those what else is on the horizon in the PP vein? I'm very interested in the new Black Fate, but that's a ways off. What's happening the next couple of months?

Here's a couple on my watch list that are coming out in October/November:

Allen-Lane, The Great Divide
Amaranthe, Massive Addictive
Haken, Restoration EP
Primordial, Where Greater Men have Fallen
While Heaven Wept, Suspended At Aphelion

Just grabbing the stuff from here that jumps out at me

07.10 Viathyn - Cynosure
06.10 Sanctuary - The Year The Sun Died
18.10 Soilwork - Beyond The Infinite [EP]
21.10 Amaranthe - Massive Addictive
27.10 Devin Townsend - Z²
07.11 Triosphere - The Heart Of The Matter
07.11 Ne Obliviscaris - Citadel

Periphery was supposed to have Juggernaut this year but...well whatever I guess. It's going to crush when it finally drops.

I agree, first off, that's it's been an outstanding year for metal on all fronts, the deepest list of good albums in many years. As for what's left, Ne Obliviscaris is coming out with a new one, if you're into that, and Allen/Lande's new CD is also due before the end of the year I think. Mindmaze is also coming out with the new one for sure this month.

The only other one on my radar is Damnation Angels. They're done recording their new one, but the mixing process is taking a long time, and if it's a proper DA album with all the symphonic bombast I'm hoping for, I can see why. Given that their most recent estimate for a release date was October (from July) and I haven't heard anything since, it seems unlikely that we'll see that before the end of the year. :(

I forgot about Harmony. Looks like December for that. I'm not all that familiar with Heiman's vocals but from the little I did hear he sounds like an improvement over the prior singer, while not bad he has an annoyingly nasal delivery on some tunes. Definitely worth a look.

I'll have to look into Axenstar. From memory I think they are a Euro power metal band that doesn't go overboard on the speed? Youtube here I come...

Exodus with Zetro on vocals
Sanctuary
At The Gates
Cavalera Conspiracy
Bloodbath
Primordial

Scar Symmetry
Sanctuary
Exodus
Amaranthe
Slipknot
Mob Rules
Cavalera Conspiracy
Ghost Brigade
Ne Obliviscaris
Bloodbath
At The Gates
Astral Doors
Liv Kristine
The Agonist
Machine Head
Soen
Triosphere

Judicator's At The Expense Of Humanity will be out in early November. (Previous albums, for free, at: http://judicator666.bandcamp.com/)

They're good U.S. power metal.

Hey Promisedland. Just went to your web site. I love it. Really good pups you have there. Also the Corgis' reviews of Sabaton's Heroes was hilarious. Good album & one of my favs for the year too. Can't argue with a Corgi now can you?

Glad you enjoyed it! We're an irreverent pack..there's always an actual review mixed in with the silliness, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Arthur's currently getting his notes together for their ProgPower review - I expect it to feature pizza quite heavily.

So here is my list of awaited releases for this year (in order how they will be released):
Raskasta Joulua - Ragnarok Juletide (collection of newly recorded english christmas songs)
Harmony - Theatre of Redemption (they've got Daniel Heiman on vocals, on 24th of November there will be released a single)
NeonFly - Strangers in Paradise (their debut was quite surprising, they have got something punk-ish in their sound)
Hangar - The Best of 15 Years, Based on a True Story (hopefully with their new singer Pedro Campos)
AC/DC - Rock Or Bust (I don't have to introduce them, do I?)