What's left for 2011

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
So personally speaking the first six months of the year featured some amazing music. I am not sure if the next six months or so will match it but we'll see what's left and what we are all looking forward to.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/new_releases.php?upcoming=1 - I've picked out the ones I look forward to.

Communic - The Bottom Deep - should be good.
Powerwolf - Blood of the Saints. - A major major challenger for my top 10 list.
Edguy - Age of the Joker. We'll see. Gone off them completely for some reason.
Dream Theater - first song is good let's see what happens with the rest.
Mystic Prophecy - Band can do little wrong for me.
Astral Doors - Jerusalem (another faultless band IMO)

The TBA list is a mile long at the bottom but if the 2nd Control Denied album hits before xmas this year I'll be amazed and happy as a pig in shit. Get that shit released Relapse!

So personally speaking the first six months of the year featured some amazing music. I am not sure if the next six months or so will match it but we'll see what's left and what we are all looking forward to.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/new_releases.php?upcoming=1 - I've picked out the ones I look forward to.

Communic - The Bottom Deep - should be good.
Powerwolf - Blood of the Saints. - A major major challenger for my top 10 list.
Edguy - Age of the Joker. We'll see. Gone off them completely for some reason.
Dream Theater - first song is good let's see what happens with the rest.
Mystic Prophecy - Band can do little wrong for me.
Astral Doors - Jerusalem (another faultless band IMO)

The TBA list is a mile long at the bottom but if the 2nd Control Denied album hits before xmas this year I'll be amazed and happy as a pig in shit. Get that shit released Relapse!

I'm really looking forward to the new albums of

ASTRAL DOORS
EDGUY
SINNER
MYSTIC PROPHECY
MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP

These ones could also be interesting:
SEBASTIAN BACH
ANTHRAX

For me, most everything listed above &
Adrenaline Mob
Riot (October release according to Reale)
Ion Vein (Scott Featherstone did an AWESOME ob on the tracks I've heard so far)

Joe

The new Mystic Prophecy will be called RAVENLORD, and trust me it will not disappoint the fans! Theres another project thats sort of related to MP that also kicks ass but cannot disclose what this is yet.

Besides whats already mentioned...

AFM has a bunch coming out that I have been premiering that will be awesome. EPYSODE, SINNER, WOLFPAKK, BRAINSTORM, AND ALMAH.

JORN has a new double live album/DVD coming in August called "Live In Black".

INFINITA SYMPHONIA will have ppl on this board buzzing when their debut hits shortly.

Others include WYCKED SYNN, ILIUM, BURNING RAIN, STEEL PANTHER, HOUSE OF LORDS, and LECHERY.

I know theres ton more but thats a quick list off the top of my head.

Why has NOBODY mentioned VAN FUCKING HALEN????

First album with Roth since 1984!

I cannot wait for this! I know they are playing some shows in Australia in a few months, but as far as the album coming out this year I guess we will see. It's Van Halen so until I see the release date I won't get too excited lol.

Really looking forward to a lot of the ones mentioned earlier (Leprous, Opeth, Redemption, Myrath, DT, Machine Head etc) but also the new Ghost Brigade. The album will be out in August, called "Until Fear No Longer Defines Us" - if they manage to top "Isolation Songs" it will be quite amazing!