Textures
Skeletonwitch
Gorguts
Redemption
Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects
Les Discrets
The Gathering

and loads more.

I hadn't noticed Myrath on there. They're definitely at the top of any list of bands I want more stuff from. Circus Maximus is up there too. Redemption is also huge for me. Trivium, Demons and Wizards, Delain, KSE. Lots of good stuff coming out that I'd forgotten about.

After reading through this - going to be another friggan expensive weekend at ProgPower picking all these new albums in the vendor area. If that Redemption is anything like that last one, this will be a definite buy for me. The new Communic has certainly gotten me excited as well. That Infinita Symphonia outfit that was mentioned above has me intrigued. BTW, isn't Amaseffer also coming out with a new one as well? I loved their first one and looking forward to the next chapter of their Exodus trilogy.

I cannot wait for this! I know they are playing some shows in Australia in a few months, but as far as the album coming out this year I guess we will see. It's Van Halen so until I see the release date I won't get too excited lol.

Its already finished and being mixed ;)

New Circus Maximus, Redemption, and Leprous are the ones I'm most looking forward to. Oh, and Pain of Salvation. And Ancient Bards just finished recording their new album, though I'm not sure if it's coming out this year.

I still have a huge backlog to get through, though...

Mystic Prophecy, Anthrax, Arch/Matheos, Warbringer, Diamond Plate, Circus Maximus, Inmoria, Trail of Murder, Epysode- this is DEFINITELY a great year for metal!!

So personally speaking the first six months of the year featured some amazing music. I am not sure if the next six months or so will match it but we'll see what's left and what we are all looking forward to.

I highly disagree with this actually. I have found most music this year (outside of some death metal, i.e. Amon Amarth, Obscura, Gigan, etc.) to be quite disappointing. Last year there were a number of albums that blew me away. This year? Not so much. However, I think the second half looks VERY promising from what people have said such as Opeth, DT, Redemption, ICS Vortex, Myrath, Meshuggah, etc.

Most certainly also looking forward to this one! Their debut is great stuff.

The new SUBSIGNAL album 'Touchstones' will be released on September 30, 2011 via ZYX Records. It will be issued in the following editons:

Compact Disc
Digital Download
Double Vinyl

The vinyl version comes with two live recordings of 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' and 'Paradigm'.

Tracklist:

Feeding Utopia
My Sanctuary
Echoes In Eternity
The Size Of Light On Earth
As Dreams Are Made On
Wingless
Finisterre
The Essence Called Mind
The Lifespan Of A Glimpse
Embers - Part 1: Your Secret Is Safe With Me
Touchstones
Con Todas Las Palabras

playing time: 75 minutes

My two cents worth (in no particular order):

Brainstorm
Dream Theater
Powerwolf
Megadeth
Saint Deamon?
Seven Kingdoms

Early 2012 outlook:

Mustasch...hell yeah!!!!

Most certainly also looking forward to this one! Their debut is great stuff.

The new SUBSIGNAL album 'Touchstones' will be released on September 30, 2011 via ZYX Records. It will be issued in the following editons:

Compact Disc
Digital Download
Double Vinyl

The vinyl version comes with two live recordings of 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' and 'Paradigm'.

Tracklist:

Feeding Utopia
My Sanctuary
Echoes In Eternity
The Size Of Light On Earth
As Dreams Are Made On
Wingless
Finisterre
The Essence Called Mind
The Lifespan Of A Glimpse
Embers - Part 1: Your Secret Is Safe With Me
Touchstones