So yeah, maybe a redundant thread...

You see because Jon Schaffer is actually pretty one dimensional and he was saying "musical chameleon" sarcastically, emphasizing the point that
NOTHING SWIRLS TO ME LIKE MARBLE GREY

Last edited by a moderator:
From Nu Metal to ...uh...real metal: [yeah, I have a huge paragraph. suck my dick]

Metallica was also the band that took me by storm and got me into metal. The first band and my favorite band for nearly 2 years. It was 1998 sometime in March and I was 12 years old. It was RELOAD that caught my attention first! I loved that whole record to be honest, and I knew little about metal...all I knew is that some other metal bands that were around were Pantera, White Zombie, Ozzy, Korn, Megadeth, Tool etc. Yes, this was 1998 the near peak of the "nu metal" thing. My only sources for metal was the CDs I saw at the store, the radio and the magazines on the shelves which were MetalEdge and Hit Parader. I never visited Borders much, otherwise I would have saw Pit Magazine and Terrorizer (which I became aware of a couple of years later). I knew Metallica was an established act and had been around for quite some time and that their new stuff indeed had a newer sound to it compared to their old. A month later, I got Master of Puppets and was completely floored with that album. I knew that this was a more pure sound of metal and there was much more of it. Every song was good and their sound was menacing. It fit just about every aspect of my life and wasn't just pummeling metal but had dynamics and melody that I could catch onto. I got Ride the Lightning a month after that then And Justice for All a week later...and so, by the years end I had all of them. The next band I got into was Ozzy. I wasn't a purist in the slightest and just became obsessed with whatever heavy band I heard that I liked. By 8th grade...all of my bands were Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy, Pantera, Korn, Deftones, Slipknot, SOAD, Coal Chamber, Testament (yes, I had the "low" record), Fear Factory, Soulfly, Sepultura, Staind, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie, Machine Head, Anthrax (had the sound of white noise), Tool. Yeah...that list right there is like a perfect example of a teenager in the late 90s coming into the year 2000. A more common one I guess since I wasn't exposed to "the real shit"...nu metal was the peak. You could label me a nu metal kid cause I certainly liked that sound, but I also liked the "real metal" as well. I just liked Heavy music didn't matter what genre. I remember in the "Indie Reviews" in back of metal edge and hit parader were reviews for Nevermore Dreaming Neon Black, Death - The Sound of Perseverance and Iced Earth. Sebastian Bach as well, and Helloween. I still have those adds actually, I have like 3 Dreaming Neon Black Ads. Iced earth - Alive in Athens ad. A death TSOP add. Quite frankly I had a Cannibal Corpse CD and Napalm Death but didn't dig them too much. It's funny cause' there was this late Sunday night radio show that played death metal and all the songs I heard on there were SOOOOO much better than the death metal I was exposed to like the aforementioned bands. I just didn't know any bands to get the CDs and all the bands they listened I couldn't find. It wasn't until like my freshman year that I heard all the good bands like Hypocrisy, Dying Fetus, Vader, Morbid angel, and all the melodeath bands like Children of bodom. From that point on a became a pretty big metalhead in terms of death, black and all that.

From Nu-Metallica to ...uh...real metal: [yeah, I have a huge paragraph. suck my dick]

Metallica was also the band that took me by storm and got me into metal. The first band and my favorite band for nearly 2 years. It was 1998 sometime in March and I was 12 years old. It was Kill 'em all that caught my attention first! I loved that whole record to be honest, and I knew little about metal...all I knew is that some other metal bands that were around were Pantera, Death, Ozzy, Megadeth, Tool etc. Yes, this was 1998 the near peak of the "nu metal" thing. My only sources for metal were the CDs I saw at the store, the radio and the magazines on the shelves which were MetalEdge and Hit Parader. I never visited Borders much, otherwise I would have read a book. I knew Megadeth was an established act and had been around for quite some time and that Dave Mustaine was way cooler than Metallica, and their new stuff indeed had a newer sound to it compared to their old, so a month later, I got Rust In Peace and was completely floored with that album. I knew that this was a more pure sound of metal and there was much more of it. Every song was good and their sound was menacing. It fit just about every aspect of my life and wasn't just pummeling metal but had dynamics and melody that I could catch onto. I got Peace Sells a month after that then Countdown To Extinction a week later...and so, by the years end I had all of them. The next band I got into was Fozzy. I wasn't a purist in the slightest and just became obsessed with whatever heavy band I heard that I liked. By 8th grade...all of my bands were Megadeth, Slayer, Fozzy, Pantera, Death, Nevermore, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Testament (yes, I had the "low" record), Sepultura, Alice Cooper, Poison The Well, Deep Purple, Anthrax (had the sound of white noise), Tool. Yeah...that list right there is like a perfect example of a cool ass teenager in the late 90s coming into the year 200, hating that nu-metal shit. A more common one I guess since I wasn't exposed to "the real shit"...nu metal was the peak. You could label me a metal kid cause I certainly liked that sound, but I also liked the "glam metal" as well.(motley crue had a good few albums) I just liked Heavy music didn't matter what genre. I remember in the "Indie Reviews" in back of metal edge and hit parader were reviews for Nevermore Dreaming Neon Black, Death - The Sound of Perseverance and Iced Earth. Sebastian Bach as well, and Helloween. I still have those adds actually, I have like 3 Dreaming Neon Black Ads. Iced earth - Alive in Athens ad. A death TSOP add. Quite frankly I had a Cannibal Corpse CD and Napalm Death and dug the shit out of them. It's funny cause' there was this late Sunday night radio show that played death metal and all the songs I heard on there were SOOOOO much better than the death metal I was exposed to and thought to be death metal, like slipknot. I just didn't know any bands to get the CDs and all the bands they listed I couldn't find. It wasn't until like my freshman year that I heard all the good bands like Hypocrisy, Atheist, Vader, Morbid angel, and all the melodeath bands like Children of bodom. From that point on a became a pretty big metalhead in terms of death, black and all that good stuffs.

i smarted up your paragraph.

very funny. You basically just described yourself in that whole cowardly act with your subtle "I'm better/smarter than you" attitude

since when does having a different walk of life = less smart? But it's ok you were probably joking right? Either way I bet you hate yourself so much...you're mad that no one accepts you or likes you and that all the love you get is from the internet and other quiet metalheads at shows. But you got to let some poison out sometime right? Be that Poison God Machine you champ. Go ahead, for all your work, throw the "I was just joking" card

I forgot that today is national day, so all stores are closed and I have bought nothing to drink or eat. I'm fucking starving.

But I know myself, when the fridge is empty again, I'll immediatly eat my emergency food, since I'm too lazy to go to the supermarket.

I have a shitload of Mountain House dehydrated meals, I use them for long backpacking trips (they actually taste really good after 6 hours of walking uphill with a heavy pack), but they also make for excellent emergency rations. I could survive for probably a week with what I've got now. Scrambled eggs and bacon, chicken and dumplings, shredded buffalo chicken wraps.... hell yeah :D