Social Networks; The Realm of Vacuous Mingling

A Dallas woman who allegedly was distracted by Facebook has been charged after a 3-year-old girl she was supposed to watch drowned in a pool.

Dallas County jail records show 37-year-old Kariasa Thomas was being held Wednesday on a charge of reckless injury to a child.

Officials say Kanyce Giddings couldn't swim and drowned on June 22.

Police say Thomas was watching a friend's four children, including Kanyce, at an apartment complex pool that closed for the evening. An affidavit says Thomas told police she used her phone to log on to Facebook for about 15 minutes, plus played with her dog.

The victim's body was found in the pool.

Thomas was booked Saturday with bond set at $25,000. No attorney could immediately be located for her Wednesday.

article-2386506-1B3150EA000005DC-358_306x423.jpg

A horrifying crime scene in South Miami hit Facebook Thursday when a man posted a photo of his dead wife -- and a confession that he had killed her.

Derek Medina posted the photo some time around noon Thursday, with the words "Rip Jennifer Alfonso." The image shows his wife's body slumped backwards from her knees on the floor in what appears to be the couple's kitchen. Her face and arms are covered in blood.

"You will see me in the news," reads a confessional status update posted minutes before the photo:

" Im going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys takecare Facebook people you will see me in the news" my wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me "

medina_woods_tator_-2142941.jpg

Bint was pretty cute, douchebag deserved whatever abuse she served.

NSFW

I see he has his murderbeard in that photo. Should've seen this one coming a mile away...

Is it wrong to not feel bad for this bint? I hold a TON of sympathy for the poor 8 year old boy, but Hannah Montana's "whateve" attitude makes me feel hard pressed. Who the fuck gets their nails done two days after being kidnapped, and having one's family burned alive? Just truly odd behavior, or is this the age we live in today? Any traumatic experience one undergoes, just take to social media for some cathartic relief.

This whole story is Odd as fuck.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/08/hannah-anderson-ask-fm-questions-answers-kidnapping/

Who knows...maybe she answered all those questions online to get the media off her back and out of her yard. A family member might have taken her to get her nails done as a sort of comfort. Ask her. Maybe she'll tell you. :loco:

I got to be honest, I don't care at all. She's fine, and way worse things are happening to many more people all over the world and now she is accelerated into a life of stardom for the next few days/weeks. Just like the Sandusky victims, did you see the settlement? I think it was 30ish victims and the payment averaged out to about 1.5mil per kid..i'd let some old weirdo touch my butthole for 1.5 mil any day of the week

Search warrants revealed that chub cheeks and old man perv exchanged 13 phone calls before the murders took place. I'd bet a kopeck there was some sort of collusion. Even if this bint's objective/knowledge was limited to running off with the dude and living unhappily ever after.

Stacks of letters written by Hannah Montana to Lord Red Dragon found at the burn down home. Also found were some used Jimmies. I doubt he was going to town on an inanimate object like the rest of us.

A teenager who took her own life after her parents banned her from accessing her own Facebook page wrote a suicide note saying she couldn't live without the social networking site.

Aishwarya Dahiwal, 17, was found hanged in her room in the western Indian city of Parbhani Wednesday night after an argument with her parents over the excessive amount of time she spent on Facebook, as well as the lengthy conversations she would have on her cellphone.

"Like all parents, their intentions were only to ensure that the girl did not go astray," investigating officer G. H. Lemgude told the Indo-Asian News Service. "They advised her to concentrate on her technical studies* and stay away from long mobile chats and social networking sites."

In a suicide note she wrote shortly after the argument, Aishwarya blamed her parents and the restrictions they put on her Facebook use.

"Is Facebook so bad?" she wrote. "I cannot stay in a home with such restrictions as I can't live without Facebook."

Newsweek Pakistan says that, with Internet access spreading rapidly across India, many high school students are ditching their phones in favor of communicating exclusively over Facebook.

*customer service

My dad took away my bass for a week in high school. I think I cried. Teenagers are idiots.

No idea. Something stupid like ditching class or killing a tree outside, I don't remember. That memory flashed to me just the other day for whatever reason. I probably deserved it at the time, but OH MAN did that feel like the end of the world.

Teenage suicide is pretty sad. Not that every situation is the same, and I'm certain some instances are for very legitimate reasons, but I so often think if they would have just waited a few years they might've realized what a trivial thing their seemingly endless emotional wreckage was based upon. Assuming that Aishwarya Dahiwal did in fact kill herself based strictly on her temporary ban from Facebook. Which we'll likely never know.

This is why I don't even bother with my own opinion these days. Too many fucking variables. It was easier when I was 19 and knew everything. :loco:

I looked at that website. I don't even know what's going on. The inappropriate lack of mourning doesn't bother me; it's the fact that all these people who appear to have been born after I graduated from high school take pictures of themselves and post them on the internet. It worries me that they truly believe anyone actually gives a shit that they exist. Or perhaps, people *do* - like maybe everyone else who does the same thing. I suppose whatever generation these people happen to be can turn out ok but for the time being, they just come off to the rest of us as an absolute waste.

I say you both nailed it. I've read studies how the current crop of youngsters have been raised to buy into their own bullshit much more than others before. The level of narcissism in teenage types has never been lacking, but it does seem more overt nowadays. Maybe they'll grow out of it. Maybe we're all doomed.