Softube - Bass Amp Room ?

Williamn

Aug 4, 2009
Ireland - Denmark
Hello fellow sneapsters.

Now I saw some talk about Softubes Bass Amp Room plugin in a other thread, and to be honest that was the first time I have heard people talking about it on here.

So far I have line 6 podfarm 2 and the svx ampeg one.. but im interested in how this one performs.. so anyone using it and would like to share their opinions about it ?

I've used it on bass grit tracks before with great results. It can round off the raw sounds from various distortion units one might use on bass.

It's a bit too 'weird' in the lows for most full-range signals IMO. Stick to plain DI, SVX or Studio Devil for that I think.

Come to think of it, the bass grit on this quick mix was run through the Bass Amp Room plug: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Forum/Fortin Natas Song 12.mp3

I think with bass the crucial part is the guitar itself and how it's played (and new strings of course). If the source is right, you'll most probably be able to coax it into anything you want with the tools you already have.

I think with bass the crucial part is the guitar itself and how it's played (and new strings of course). If the source is right, you'll most probably be able to coax it into anything you want with the tools you already have.

Precisely.

I've demoed the Bass amp room and I didn't like it as much as the SVX or Pod Farm plug ins. I still use those two for my bass effects. The Metal Amp Room plug in, however, I've gotten quite a bit of use from.

Yeah no doubt.. im not looking for any magic tools.
Just want to know why someone might pick "a" over "b".

Thanks Ermz for the information :)