What are you guys using for bass amp modelling? (getting bored of SVX)

YES YES YES. The VBA is fast and easier to tweak and beyond that, it just SOUNDS better. I can't remember the last time I actually used SVX on a project.

Oddly enough, for some reason I ALWAYS ALWAYS open Ampeg SVX first, start tweaking, get pissed, then open VBA, scroll through some of the presets (there are only like, less than 10) but each one is so different and then tweak from there, throw on an SSL Channel, duplicate and start working on my grit!

I'd recommend VBA 100% over SVX. =D

THANK YOU,
CHARLES J

lol.

I cant find the thread now of course but it was pretty in dept about getting bass sounds. Anyway, I remember reading the method of recording one DI copy to another track, Hi pass one, Low pass the other, then send them to a bass buss,group whatever and apply a sim...SVX, VBA, etc, etc for the grit. So are you saying you use the sim first then do all the copy, pasting? What are you using for the grit then?

I ask cause Ive been using the method I read about here I explained above with unhappy results. Im sure its do to the fact that Im a beginner and suck at mixing but using this method it just sounds like 2-3 different instruments in the mix, solo'd its sounds good, but to me in the mix...no. Im really struggling with bass sounds right now.