Solens Rötter on Internet?

Allfader

Kvelding
Mar 14, 2006
Near Mountains
WTF?

a "friend" told me today that shit:

"Oh.. Solens Rötter... I already have on my PC... it's amazing man... I'll send you the link where you can download it (OBVIOUSLY I'LL NOT POST IT, I'LL NOT BETRAY MR V)

I said: WTF?... man, I'm so sorry for the filtration... and the MF said:" why do you said that? now you can have the album without paying it...

Then i said to the MF: get out of my face, man...

I'm so sorry for Mr V and all his job again stealed for a group of motherfuckers who don't care the artists...

FUCK TO ALL!

PD: I don't have Solens Rötter yet and I'll not to download it... I prefer to wait to have the CD on my hands and my ears.

*shrugs* I don't really care.
I got it just now and I still have my money sitting there waiting for the album to be released, and I did request that my local metal store would order a copy of it, along with his discography, so it's hardly like he's being completely cheated since those who intended to buy the album still are buying the album, like myself and Vampyrian, we're probably more dedicated to Mr.V and his music more than a lot of people, I don't think downloading the leaked album really makes any difference unless I wasn't planning on purchasing it. You can call me weak, but even so, I've been looking forward to this for so long, I just wanted to hear it a.s.a.p.

This conversation happens everytime an album is about to be released. I'd say just to play it safe, people who have downloaded (or will download) the album should just keep quiet. Wait till the album is officially released and there will be no problems.

This conversation happens everytime an album is about to be released. I'd say just to play it safe, people who have downloaded (or will download) the album should just keep quiet. Wait till the album is officially released and there will be no problems.

aaahhh..I won't even step into this area once again..support the band so that more music can come into reality.

mr V

aaahhh..I won't even step into this area once again..support the band so that more music can come into reality.

mr V

Excellent musicians such as yourself ALWAYS deserve money, unfortunately so many don't see it that way. I can't wait to order it from Napalm to complete my Vintersorg collection once it's released! :)

borknagar_ you do realize that by posting this thread, which has been visited a lot of times by unknown people already, they'd probably download the album, and thus lowering the chances of getting more copies sold when it's out? (and thus NOT supporting Vintersorg at all..?!)

i agree with everyone here...i personally don't think downloading hurts anyone if you buy the album later and some artist don't care but some do
(for instance opeth closed their UM forum because of the GR leak in the summer of 05') so if you downloaded the album best keep quiet about it and buy the album.

on a happier note I found an israeli metal webshop that sells most of Vintersorg's albums and pretty cheap too 16$ a pop so this means i won't have to use personal import and pay a shitload of money for SR when it's released. Unfortunately they don't have neither Hedniskhjärtad(not a surprise) nor the Till Fjälls with bonus Hh tracks edition. so I'm still stuck with Hh on mp3's and not on cd.:cry:

i agree with everyone here...i personally don't think downloading hurts anyone if you buy the album later and some artist don't care but some do
(for instance opeth closed their UM forum because of the GR leak in the summer of 05') so if you downloaded the album best keep quiet about it and buy the album.

on a happier note I found an israeli metal webshop that sells most of Vintersorg's albums and pretty cheap too 16$ a pop so this means i won't have to use personal import and pay a shitload of money for SR when it's released. Unfortunately they don't have neither Hedniskhjärtad(not a surprise) nor the Till Fjälls with bonus Hh tracks edition. so I'm still stuck with Hh on mp3's and not on cd.:cry:

*shrugs* I'm happy to admit I downloaded it because I know I'm still buying it, but I understand what you mean. Therion's Gothic Kabbalah was leaked, I posted my opinion about the album... since I didn't enjoy it, Christofer got pretty defensive over it all. On that note, SR is beautiful and totally worth all your cash, I could say it's probably my 2nd favourite album next to CG. *ass kiss*

I understand your pain about the albums, I'm so thankful I found a store in which the shopkeeper is a big Vintersorg fan, first time I went there he was wearing a Focusing Blur t-shirt, it's the first time I've met a Vintersorg fan IRL without either being met on the internet before, or having me introduce them to the band. I had originally requested for a store to get all of Vintie's discography in for me somehow, but that was actually back in my home town but now in my new home of York I'm hoping I can ask the Vintersorg fan to get me his works, I'd be happy to pay as much as asked really.

That reminds me I need to get some Solefald too ;_;

Isjungfrun said:
That reminds me I need to get some Solefald too ;_;
what are you still waiting for? go get them!!

borknagar_ said:
I'm so sorry for Mr V and all his job again stealed for a group of motherfuckers who don't care the artists...
the .nfo of my downloaded files (GraveWish release) clearly says "Support the artists! BUY THE ORIGINAL IF YOU LIKE IT!"

It's really amusing to see you all competing about who is most anti-filesharing, just buy the music you like and mind your own business.

definitely, and if you download the album, just be quiet about it. many of the people who did download it are still going to buy the album... they just couldn't wait to hear it!

here's something funny i figured out which made laugh a little(because I love wordplay humor)

Asgeir is a metaphysical drummer *easing the tension with a little vinterjoke*

Haha I like that one!

I don't even have Winterclime yet as I refuse to download and I just got Cronian a month ago.

a new Wayerclime album will be out in June...
Title?..well, it'll be revealed very soon

mr V

New Waterclime is nice :) Is it going to be released through Lion Music again? Not that it made much difference to me which label's going to release an album :rolleyes:
Anyway, cheers to multiple mr V-releases in one year :kickass:

mr V

That is it in a nutshell, I think... Support the artists that make the music you love in whatever fashion you are able.

On a somewhat related note (to this thread), I haven't seen the cover art for the new release yet but the title alone was enough to inspire me to throw a little something together with an image from the recent solar eclipse and the Vintersorg logo ... I am no artist, but thought maybe someone else might appreciate it.

Cheers,
Tim

solensrotter.jpg