Solitude Aeturnus - Through The Darkest Hour

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
This has quickly become one fo my favorite albums, by one of my favorite bands. I thought I'd make a thread, because this album is appropriate listening for this time of year. Give it shot, spin it on one of these cool, rainy, fall days.

Here's a little Dio being covered by Solitude Aeturnus.

Robert Lowe is one of the best vocalist in metal period! :worship:

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, make sure you pick up BEYOND THE CRIMSON HORIZON, and even their last one ALONE. Also, I think Lowe is simply brilliant on Candlemass' KING OF THE GREY ISLANDS and DEATH MAGIC DOOM. Much appreciated!

Robert Lowe is also becoming one of my favorite vocalists as well. The guy is awesome.

Almost bought Through the Darkest Hour, but decided on some Tristania instead. :)

Such a GREAT band!!!!! Robert Lowe has done a FANTASTIC job with Candlemass as well. My 2nd favorite album this year beyond the brilliant return my the Canucks Sacrifice!

This is probably their best album. But I think that I think that about whatever album of theirs I happen to be listening to at a given time, haha. But that's just because they rule. Even their unheralded albums, like Downfall, I revisited it a few weeks ago and found it to be awesome all over again.

Great Band! Great album... They have a lot of good ones... I love Downfall! The band hates the recording but I think it sounds awesome! If there's a better doom song than Phantoms I am not aware of it...

Ahhhhh Doom... It is a great time of year for it. just listened to all my Solitude discs a few weeks ago. Through the Darkest is my favorite.

I was in college in Dallas back in the late '80s early '90s and saw Solitude Aeturnus perform at a place called "The Basement" where many metal bands would play. They were always awesome and usually covered a good bit of Iron Maiden back in the day. Great memories, Great band!

Solitude Aeturnus fucking rules! And their third album is a great doom classic indeed. Never a weak album so far.