Solo?

Koi

Dec 5, 2005
Gbg sweden
www.myspace.com
Should Mikael record a fullength solo-album, still day beneath the sun/ patterns in the ivy 1&2 style? They feel like an own genré in their music, i think it would be awesome if Mikael experimented that particular style digging even deeper.

I dont see why not. Anything that Mike has released or has been a part of has been really well done so anything that he decides to create would be a welcome addition to his growing list of achievements IMO. I agree those songs did sound different than most of thier music. They had a more folk and classic rock vibe than any other acoustic songs theve done. Even damnation was a bit heavier with more atmoshphere and gloom.

Should Mikael record a fullength solo-album, still day beneath the sun/ patterns in the ivy 1&2 style? They feel like an own genré in their music, i think it would be awesome if Mikael experimented that particular style digging even deeper.

I hope that this is what Peter is planning to do, ;) + some heavy numbers. :D

Mike has plenty enough to do atm. :lol:

Have a great gig on Sunday guys... :kickass:

it would be preety awsome if Mike did this.I mean we dont want him diverting his attention away from Opeth, but if he had sum downtime maybe inbetween tours..

i think this is kind of a silly question. with mikael being the songwriter for opeth, i think if he did an acoustic album it could just very well be another opeth album. i dont see a need in calling the album "Mikael Akerfeldt- "...." If Bass player, axe, and per quit tomorrow and mikael found replacements he'd still call the band opeth.

With that being said I'm not saying it'd be cool if bass player, per, and axe quit. just in theory.:)

i meant this as a sideproject obviously. like devin townsend writes tons of material and folders it up untill the time is right. Mikael has stated that he has a "nice collection of riffs and arrangements", my guess would be that he only writes like 70% of the new material after the previous album has been released, piecing together the rest with untouched older material.

i meant this as a sideproject obviously. like devin townsend writes tons of material and folders it up untill the time is right. Mikael has stated that he has a "nice collection of riffs and arrangements", my guess would be that he only writes like 70% of the new material after the previous album has been released, piecing together the rest with untouched older material.

It would be nice to hear him release a record of songs like those two, but only if he keeps the sound.
It shouldn't sound like Damnation, no matter how spectacular that album is.

well anyways michael is the driving gear in opeth (music, vocals(both scream and clean) solo guitars and lyrics) so now that peter is gone it's like he's already in a solo project... lol i don't mean that the others don't contribute to the music or the production, but still michael is the most dedidated... opinions?