Solos........llllllllllllooooooollllllllllll

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
something posted on metallicas message board, i was like whoa whoa, pull this bus over to the side of the fucking road:::::::

In Flames. Sure they have solos on some songs, but most of them just have a short "lead" fill in thing.
They still fucking rule, and they dont have full blown solos most of the time.

This guy obviously owns lots of IF cds........disagree at will people!

inflamer said:
I dont see the point of this thread ... please enlighten me ...

It´s something about solos and In Flames, so expect some idiot to say something moronic like "Yoooooooo, fuckin Jeeesper is GOD at guitar and fucking screeews posers like Yngwie in the EYE! Left AND right!!! Who fucking needs fucking scales and theory and fucking TECHNIQUES when you´ve got fucking SOOOUUUL like Jeeesper?! HUH?! YAH!" very soon.

U[Sic]M said:
It´s something about solos and In Flames, so expect some idiot to say something moronic like "Yoooooooo, fuckin Jeeesper is GOD at guitar and fucking screeews posers like Yngwie in the EYE! Left AND right!!! Who fucking needs fucking scales and theory and fucking TECHNIQUES when you´ve got fucking SOOOUUUL like Jeeesper?! HUH?! YAH!" very soon.

Fuckin hilarious...and very true.

On another note...in flames do have some good solos in their songs from time to time (December flower, the hive, only for the weak, brush the dust, suburban me)...however a few of these are from guest musicians. But i feel that the short, but soulfull leads they do use on pretty much every song, fit the music well, and help further express what is going on...but lets face it, Jesper and bjorn arent known for being soloist virtuosos...but solid songwriters as a whole.

Zombie Inc man! ZOMBIE INC. :p

Well whatever you wanna call these things in the break, it fits the songs. We shall call them solo-soulful-leads-of-death

:err: :tickled:

U[Sic]M said:

:erk: holy shit, i actually agree with him

The two solo's in the song 'The Jester Race' put a shiver down my spine. In fact, that whole song does that, and the whole album. :D

in flames are solo gods, i dunno why the fuck they've slowly cut em out of their songs, they're some on clayman, why is there none on R2R???!!!

older in flames lunar strain, jester race etc is full of solo's though,

that person obviously only owns R2R, what an ass!

their solos are simple, but good practice for beginners. because i learned in flames solos, i progressed and i can now play a lot of COB solos [or at least a good percentage of each solo]

There is no need for a song to be difficult to play. the song as a whole must work. nobody needs to be a virtuouse for that! i guess i could play every in flames song if i wanted to but i can't write as cool songs as they do! you get what i mean?

In Flames has always been about cool guitar play, until they took it away on Reroute, and clearly proved that In Flames without cool guitar harmonies and melodies is nothing.
Jesper is pretty much a regular metal guitarist, he just got a good sense of making melodies and riffs.

asphyXy said:
their solos are simple, but good practice for beginners. because i learned in flames solos, i progressed and i can now play a lot of COB solos [or at least a good percentage of each solo]

I wouldn't know about bodom solos... whenever I put their music on I'm asleep by the tiime there are solos :lol: :lol: :lol: