Solos........llllllllllllooooooollllllllllll

A band doesnt need 3 minute solo's to sound good, small solo's that hit the spot do well enough :)

There are a few solo's on rtr, just not very frequent.

The New Word solo fuckin' rocks! It's a pity that wasn't played by Jesper.

jester00: I already saw that video. You're a god! :D

U[Sic]M said:
It´s something about solos and In Flames, so expect some idiot to say something moronic like "Yoooooooo, fuckin Jeeesper is GOD at guitar and fucking screeews posers like Yngwie in the EYE! Left AND right!!! Who fucking needs fucking scales and theory and fucking TECHNIQUES when you´ve got fucking SOOOUUUL like Jeeesper?! HUH?! YAH!" very soon.

:p. But come on kid, Mattias of the Night pulled of the same joke like a year ago, you got to develope some new deathstrikes.

And yeah, to sum it up then. IFs solos are mostly based on melodies 'round the good old Eminor scale, some of them sounds a bit more shreddy, but in general they are like melodies. Sounds good though, maybe with rtr as an exception.

it kinda sucks that december flower and suburban me solos are done by others..
cos on the only live recording ive heard of december flower they just played the backing riff and skipped the solo all together, and im not sure if they played suburban me or not

they are the two most technical "flames" solos i reckon but my fav is also the hive or maybe satellites and astronauts

so to the dude on the metallica board
go buy whoracle

The link posted by Jester00 was done by Bumblefoot, and he even said that. Mikey posted on the Old Official board, but I've never seen him on this one.

Steve

I agree with those who like the solos, sure they aren't epic 3 minute shred-fests but they fit the music and i like them a lot.

Anyways i'd say Bjorn and Jesper are EASILY better guitarists then Yngwie. BUT BEFORE YOU FLAME ME, i'm not saying they are faster, but speed isn't the only thing that matters, Yngwie is a god as far as technical ability but his songs are just horrible. He's got to be one of the more boring people to pick up the instrument. So, considering the ability to write better leads, riffs, and songs in general, i would say they are much better.

well ace - i have to agree with you there
i mean yngwies songs are pretty sameish - and as technical as it is - i would always rather hear a well structured song with a great solo
lament of a mortal soul
december flower of course
grand failure anthem

these three for example awesome songs with great solos - who hear would rather hear yngwie???

(and he's a stuck up fat cunt)