Some Neo-Classical Guitarists

Doomguy

This is huh, wow...
Apr 7, 2009
Melbourne, Aus
Really digging some classical guitar music. Can you guys recommend some artists?

EDIT: I know this isn't metal, but nobody goes on non-metal so I'll post it here. Move it if you have to.

Neo-classical guitar music includes Neoclassical metal, although the poster mentions classical guitar which is not necessarily neo classical even though thats whats in the title.

Plus I can't imagine why anyone would want to listen to Yngwie.

Because he's a fucking god, that's why. Michael Romeo is excellent as well, but I think Jeff Loomis is the best active player. His neo-classical stuff is amazing, get his solo album Zero Order Phase.

^^^^ You enjoy Eric Johnson because he's not a shredder, he just is able to (i.e. Cliffs of Dover) - looking at Song for George and other songs on that album though, you can tell he's just an all around great guitarist.

MAB and Yngwie on the other hand basically take the Dream Theater standard of sacrificing songwriting for technical ability to a whole new level. Sure they can play a billion notes a second or w/e, but who gives a fuck if NONE of their material sounds interesting to any ear except the guy who faps to audio wankfests.

Jeff Loomis and Michael Romeo are good with Nevermore and Symphony X, and Zero Order Phase wasn't that bad (I deleted it though), but if both guys decided to make a solo career of shredding like Yngwie or MAB, well it would be wasted talent I guess.

Schwärzung;8350856 said:
Really digging some --->classical guitar <---music.
Look guys, I'm not looking for any shredders. I'm looking for people who play the classical guitar. Please help us out if you can.

Use this helpful diagram if you are still confused.
diagram.jpg

You do understand that Neo-Classical isn't really Classical guitar played now right?