Some reviews of the new HEAVEN & HELL album

I love it.....it's exactly what I expected! It's a driving, fierce, confident, heavy-as-balls doom record!

At this point, it's safe to say that Dio has "won". He's won the years-long "war" with Ozzy. As GREAT as the Ozzy era is/was, and as great as Ozzy's early solo stuff is, Dio is now, IMO, the voice of Sabbath.
His presence has sparked the band's rescusitation. His voice is still unmatched (Ozzy's is shot). He's the godfather of metal.....Ozzy could have held that distinction if his career didn't take the turn it did.

All hail Dio.:worship:kickass::loco:
100%:headbang::kickass:

Well, this disc is really growing on me. In many ways I think it's the weakest of the 4 albums they've done together, but it's still a really good album. The muddy guitars are still driving me nuts, but overall, quite the effort!

Are they due to tour Canada / US anytime soon?

I have a question, does anyone knows what the numbers in the logo mean?

jumpingdevil.jpg

Geezer knows!
One particular aspect of the artwork that Butler is responsible for however is the addition of the numbers twenty-five and forty-one on either side of the band’s familiar winged demon logo on the front cover. While speculation and debate continues about the meaning behind the numbers, Butler says the explanation isn’t quite as elaborate and fanciful as the theories put forth on the band’s various forum boards.

“I’ve seen tons of those explanations on the forums! Some of them have been really quite funny! (Laughs) But the real meaning behind the numbers is quite simple. We’ve had the winged demon logo for a long time, and the record company wanted to use that logo once again on the new album. So I thought that rather than do the same thing once again, I decided that we needed to do something a little different. So I came up with a verse from the bible. It’s from the gospel according to Matthew, chapter twenty-five, verse forty-one. The verse goes, ‘Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels!’ It’s about those who sit at the left hand side of God who are cast down into hell. That’s all.”

I have a question, does anyone knows what the numbers in the logo mean?

They either already have 25 fell-length and live album releases, or this will be their 25th. The band formed in 1968, 41 years ago.

Edit: Didn't read the post above mine, but that sure is a convenient coincidence.

Well, this disc is really growing on me. In many ways I think it's the weakest of the 4 albums they've done together, but it's still a really good album. The muddy guitars are still driving me nuts, but overall, quite the effort!

Are they due to tour Canada / US anytime soon?

i'd pay to see them live again. saw them last year with motorhead, judas priest and testament. they blew priest off the stage

So everybody can drool and get pissed. I pass through a shop today and found the Heaven & Hell album...yap, "The Devil You Know" brand new and it cost me only 1$ more than it would have been if I buy it at Amazon.com (the cheapest price online I found + S&H all the way to me), so I have it three days before the official release.

IMG_0608.jpg

Hehe, what could I say when I have the new Slough Feg and Crescent Shield CDs two weeks before the official release? :D

Hehe, what could I say when I have the new Slough Feg and Crescent Shield CDs two weeks before the official release? :D

That's the reason I hate Europe :p. Crescent Shield is scheduled for June on this side of the planet, and I'm gonna hook it with the new Tyr ;) On June also Primal Fear, Iron Maiden ("Flight 666"), Dream Theater and Roxxcalibur are coming with albums.

Have you got the new Candlemass yet?, it's coming on May 5th. On June

Wyvern!! i have to wait less than 6 more hours here in northeast U.S.A. 12:00am est

a cool record store has a special 12:00am - 12:30am period to buy "tuesday" U.S. music,games and DVD releases

tick tick tick....:lol:

Wyv, did yours come with the DVD?

I had the new Dream Evil DVD about 2 weeks before it was due out. I guess some distributor f'ed up - I pre-ordered and it arrived in mid August when it was due on the 25th or so.

Wyv, did yours come with the DVD?

No. That edition is too expensive for a DVD with interviews and/or material I'm not intersted in. I was about to get the $9.99 version at Amazon.com, but I saw this one here and putting S&H the price was only $1 more here so...:D

went yesterday to the Burbank best buy, picked up 4 copies w/ dvd for 9.99 each. Got 2 wristbands for the signing in San Berdo. on saturday. I can't attend the signing but got the passes for friends.

I gave a first listen yesterday and really enjoyed it. Back for more today!