Something about OPETH and the ladies...

you know (hoser....i've never really peered deeply into that thought.....the subliminal messages we call out if something is "bad")....and i have to admit.....i feel immense guilt presently because i do frequently say "sucks".....i shall not anymore, however!!....thanks....:D

gwen- yes, of course im all for girls being into- and playing- metal! there's nothing wrong with that at all! :) i love metal, but i listen to a lot of other genres of music as well-(honestly, i even kind of like some al green every now and then!). i think having diverse musical tastes is good, having a very select music preference is good...its just the people with really bad music taste or no music taste that im worried about!

Originally posted by Evisceratrix
gwen- yes, of course im all for girls being into- and playing- metal! there's nothing wrong with that at all! :) i love metal, but i listen to a lot of other genres of music as well-(honestly, i even kind of like some al green every now and then!). i think having diverse musical tastes is good, having a very select music preference is good...its just the people with really bad music taste or no music taste that im worried about!

Having different musical tastes opens you up to new/different music!>

for example

The first group that I really liked was Nirvana -then he died so I started listening to something a bit "heavier" called Marlyin Manson , then Metallica , then ozzy ozbourne , then iron maiden , then cradle of filth , then death , then in flames , arch enemy , emperor , and finally Opeth AND katatonia .

warsofwinter, i can totally relate......i first got into black sabbath/ozzy, and then iron maiden, and now so many more and i definitely agree that listening to various music genres is good...and the cycle continues.... i believe listening and following one band will eventually lead to a similar interest in many others.