• No , I think your a crazy bastard .

Votes: 66 65.3%

• Total voters

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
I think for the next album on one of the songs they should get a guest vocalist that is female , maybe to play the part of melinda or something . I know the girl from The Gathering would do a great job . It's a fucking awesome Idea can you imagine one of the greatest female vocalist's and the best male vocalist singing together , oh how good that would be . But then again they'd have to bring her along on tours or they couldn't play those songs . I'll have a poll to see if you agree with it .

No thanks. If Opeth would use female vocals they are just as unoriginal and boring as all those goth bands like Trail Of Tears, Tristania, Theatre Of Tragedy etc.

Micke said in the swedish magazine Close-Up that he think female vocals in metal is overrated and that he doesn´t want to sound like all those romantic and gothic bands. He also said that female vocals probably never would appear in Opeths music.

this is a bit of a tangent, but anneke from the gathering was mentioned.

i read somewhere (maybe on here) that the gathering was asked about their ill-fated tour with opeth, and the gathering said they didn't listen to any opeth. THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS.

i don't understand how bands that are in a relatively small genre aren't at least familiar with each other's music. i mean, how self-absorbed must they be?! you would think that someone who loves music enough to write it and make it their life would be interested in listening to music, as well. but i guess not.

maybe if they'd listen to opeth, their music wouldn't be the shit that it has become in recent years. :rolleyes:

I think it would be a great idea, if used appropiately and very sparsely. I'd like to hear a female vocalist similar to the one (can't remember her name) in Rain Fell Within do a few parts (maybe just background-type stuff) in a couple of songs on their next cd. I wouldn't want it to be used more than say, Wilson's vocals on BWP. Mikael is too good of a vocalist in his own right.

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

cough cough *closed minded people* cough cough

no i definately dont think they would just be the same as all those bands like tristania... it would be fucking opeth with a chick singing with mikael and it would probably sound good.

my theory - who gives a shit if it sounds like something else... if its GOOD then its GOOD and thats all

It would seem like they were trying to be someone else.

Opeth is great as is. When pigs fly and Opeth go downhill, maybe a female vocalist will save them.. but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.... :p

If they do have female vocals, they should do it like Dark Tranquillity - only on one song per album. 10 seconds of female vocals on a whole album wouldn't really spoil the 'sensitive mood'...

Saying that Opeth would sound like The Gathering or TOT with female vocals is like saying that Opeth shouldn't use guitars because 500,000 other bands use them!! Opeth are like no other band, and if they do incorporate a female, you can be sure it will sound 100% Opethoid.

I heard somewhere that there were actually going to be female vocals on BWP!?? Did anyone else hear that or have I just got it mixed up with some other band? :loco:

hibernal_dream -- yeah, i'd heard that too. i was under the impression that a female would be doing steven's singing parts essentially. i can't remember where i heard that though. and i don't know exactly when they hooked up with steven, so i don't know if it was even a thought of mikael's or if it was a completely false rumor. but you're not alone!

Has anybody else heard subtle celtic influences, especially on Morningrise? The idea of some female vocal melodies is not that disturbing...I would even like to see some more diverse instrumentation. Two singers allow for harmonies over a bigger range, and also can create the feeling of role playing. I think that if Opeth remains as progressive as they are now, eventually they will incorporate female vocals. I would like to see them do it in a way that we are as of yet unfamiliar with.

Lee, what kind of applicator would you need to use Preparation-O? hopefully not in supository form.

I'm necroing this because I think it's funny how anti everyone was with the idea and now it's a reality... in your face bitches.

Interesting to see the opinions around 7 years ago. However, I enjoyed the vocals on Coil and thought it was done extremely well considering its so unusual for Opeth to utilise a female voice. (And Natalie is hot, go Axe)