Sonar guitar eq presets

Revenant

Suodeth
Apr 18, 2002
Wooster, Ohio
Hey all, I'm looking for a killer rhythm sound for my guitar tracks in Sonar, something heavy like that of Arch Enemy or Nevermore. I know it's impossible to get close to those sounds, but would anyone know the best settings within Sonar's EQ programs to aquire such a tone? BTW, I'm recording with basic equipment: Direct line-in to my soundcard for all of the guitar parts. Thanks for your help.

Man, just skip the direct recording idea.:puke: I have never recorded a listenable guitar tone direct. Getcha 57! You can figure out how to get a decent tone at a lower volume, if the old ladies are bitchin about the loudness. Direct is the fucking WORST! You could even get a little $30 behringer mixer and a radio shack mic, and it will sound better than direct!

Direct and any emulators simply do not work for metal at all. The only things they are good for are maybe some clean demoing and some hard rock riffage ála AC/DC :lol: The emulators' palm mute simply but sucks donkey wiener :zombie: It doesn't matter if it's freeware or 1000 euros' commercial software, palm muting simply cannot be emulated yet.

>>Basic equipment: Direct line in to my soundcard ....

...as in plug your guit jack into your soundcard, or micing your amp into the PC, or feeding some sort of pre ...?