Song to be played at your funeral...

I have a little story to tell....

My freind, the one who died....the last night we hung out and were drinking and for some reason he started talking about playing : For my fallen angel by My Dying Bride, at his funeral. I was like alright man...but he kept on and on and on about it. Well, the next night he died. And a few days later I was listening to it at his funeral.

So that is the song... For my Fallen Angel by My Dying Bride.

Hail Eris - that's the answer - that was real.

The Funeral Portrait - Opeth

For one - it's the name that counts. The song - it's the one I always go back to when I need a lift. That song just plain pumps me up.

Last time this question was posed, I went on about how I wouldn't want a funeral, I'd want a wake and have lots of happy music played.

HOWEVER... if I were to have a funeral, both Epilogue and To Bid You Farewell would be musts.

Great story, Hail Eris.

Well I wouldn't really want I funeral...I'd rather be cremated...but some songs I'd like would be Intermezzo by Nightingale, Death of Music by Ocean Machine, and Night of the Graveless Souls by Emperor :)heh: :heh: :heh: :headbang: )

yep, we had that one not too long ago.
well my pick still is "...a distance there is..." by theatre of tragedy. this one is so goddamn intense in its silence...

I don't know. . . I don't usually think about death :err: but I think I'd like
"O fortuna" by therion played or maybe "Orion" by metallica those are both very emotional sons for me and they really kick ass :headbang: Well I've said my 2 cents I hope you enjoyed it if not who cares

nobody I know who would attend my funeral would want to listen to metal, my old man would probably end up yelling at someone to turn that goddamn razzmatazz down.
so I guess something more of a crowd pleaser... Neil Young's "Natural Beauty"

Like sadistik said,I'd rather be cremated,too...
but I want people to listen to "The flames of the end" (At the gates) as my body will be burning to ashes......

Opeth - White cluster
At the gates - Into the dead sky, or And the world returned
Lord belial - Lamia
Cannibal Corpse - Hammersmashed face (just kidding man) ;)
And at last..
Dimmu Borgir - Fear and wonder, that song is so beautiful..

That about wraps it up..