Songs on Damnation tour

Bleak Eyes

Irrelevant
Jun 16, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
Do you think that Opeth is going to play A Fair Judgement and Face Of Melinda? These songs have heavier parts in them, and I was wondering if Opeth was going to completely exclude of the metal aspects of their music. They are going to play To Bid You Farewell and towards the end of that song it gets heavier. Thank you for any of your comments.

Well, they probably won't play A Fair Judgment since they played it on the current tour...same with Credence. And I thought I read something about them playing some kind of "modified" version of To Bif You Farewell. Not exactly sure what that means...

Yeah, I heard that about To Bid You Farewell as well. I really hope they play A Fair Judgement, too. I'd hope they'd play Credence as well. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't play these songs just because they played them on their last tour. They seem to have played The Leper Affinity a lot since Blackwater Park came out, but I could be wrong. I haven't seen them before, but I saw their setlist from the Deliverance tour and they played it and I saw something from the New England Metalfest and they were playing The Leper Affinity. I hope they don't completely abandon the heavier parts in some of the more mellow songs. I'd kill to watch them play A Fair Judgement.

wouldn't mind seeing "a fair judgement" even though i've seen it twice now (and it was great both times!) but I wouldn't think they would play it.

Personally i'm hoping for TBYF and Face of Melinda more then anything else.

The damnation stuff should be pretty good live too, that album seems to grow on me the more I listen to it.

Well, Last time I saw them Mikael introduced Credence by saying they will be coming back and doing the mellow tour, and this is one of the songs they will be playing, so it's quite possible they will be playing A Fair Judgement too. I would love to hear Benighted live, I was thinking that really they only 1 or 2 mellow tracks on each album (Damnation excluded of course) so even if they played most of Damnation, provided they play a decent-length set, we should hear some cool old stuff.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I have a sneaky suspicion that they might play Patterns in the Ivy II or Still Day Beneath The Sun.

That'd be really cool.
I agree, especially Still Day Beneath The Sun. I hope they play Credence again but I could go without A Fair Judgment although I do like the song. Benighted, Harvest and Face of Melinda would be great.