Songs the Maidens Haven't Played

Which of these songs should The Iron Maidens try performing live?

• Charlotte the Harlot (first album)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Innocent Exile (Killers)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Total Eclipse (The Number of the Beast)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • To Tame a Land (Piece of Mind)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • The Duelists (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Back in the Village (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Heaven Can Wait (Somewhere in Time)

• Only the Good Die Young (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)

• Afraid to Shoot Strangers (Fear of the Dark)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sign of the Cross (The X Factor)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Clansman (Virtual XI)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Ghost of the Navigator (Brave New World)

• Brave New World (Brave New World)

• Dream of Mirrors (Brave New World)

• Out of the Silent Planet (Brave New World)

• Wildest Dreams (Dance of Death)

• Rainmaker (Dance of Death)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dance of Death (Dance of Death)

• Paschendale (Dance of Death)

• The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (A Matter of Life and Death)

• Total voters

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
I was looking through the list of songs performed by the Maidens, and while I highly appreciate the hard work in performing those songs live, I'm surprised that a lot of great Iron Maiden songs have yet to be played by the Maidens. As a matter of fact, the entire Dance of Death album is untouched.

So out of the songs on the poll, which one should the Maidens perform?

PS: Yes, I included a couple of Blaze-era songs, but Bruce did perform them live (Rock in Rio). No offense to the Blaze fans, but Bruce did a way better job on those songs.

How do I vote?

Man I never listen to those 2 albums Virtual x and X Factor or whatever they're called. That guy's voice blows!

Dance of Death is the weakest of the last three in my opinion. I love Brave New World and Matter of Life and Death. I think if the girls did a few more from Life and Death that would be cool. I always thought they would do a great Colours Don't Run.

I say drop Trooper, Beast and Hills. I just thing Beast is kind of. well, cheesy. I know it brings back memories and is a good look into that time period, but come on, its hoakey. Trooper has good words, but I just think its weak. Hills is a great song, but come on, its turning into Freebird. That frees up about 25 minutes to play Tame a Land or something. Brave New World is a relevant song during these elections.

PS- Having said all that, everything the girls play I love, so didn't mean to insult anyone.

Ok cast my vote. I was in a band called Arakas's Spice, so yeah lets get this voting system over to Bruce and Steve.

Man I never listen to those 2 albums Virtual x and X Factor or whatever they're called. That guy's voice blows!

That's why you should pick up Rock in Rio and Death on the Road, and hear Bruce give justice to some songs from the Blaze era.

As a matter of fact, here's a video sample of "The Clansman," mixed with footage from Braveheart:

And here's "Sign of the Cross":

Dance of Death is the weakest of the last three in my opinion. I love Brave New World and Matter of Life and Death. I think if the girls did a few more from Life and Death that would be cool. I always thought they would do a great Colours Don't Run.

I wanted to include "These Colours Don't Run," "The Longest Day" and "The Legacy," but the polls have little room.

At least I didn't include "Mission from 'Arry" on the list.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Rock in Rio. Oh so thats where those songs came from. I seriously didn't know they were Blaze stuff. Dude Bruce is the shit! He makes these songs great!

Haha yeah Mission From Arry is the best.

"You wuh owt a owduh."

"I wasn't bloody owt a owduh."

"Yes ya wuh mate. He was just dowin is job."

"E Made ma fook up me drum solo."

That would be very, very cool but they'd have to be very careful for drunk guys and their wandering hands.

In keeping with the theme it should be a bunch of women to come out.

God forbid we have Mark and Chris get up there and "sing" :p:lol:

HCW is a song that screams out for audience participation. It may be too keyboard dependant though.

If they do it I'm sure Aja can handle conducting the Maiden fans. They all should know how it works.

Jim

These are all pretty good songs on the list,but please girls...don't ruin your show with the "To tame a land"! (prolly the only Maiden song I actually can't stand)

In keeping with the theme it should be a bunch of women to come out.

God forbid we have Mark and Chris get up there and "sing" :p:lol:

HCW is a song that screams out for audience participation. It may be too keyboard dependant though.

If they do it I'm sure Aja can handle conducting the Maiden fans. They all should know how it works.

Jim

Hahaha, yeah that would be awesome for it to be all girls! :D

I've actually gotten quite into that song recently. I used to think it was a bit boring, but quite like it now.

These are all pretty good songs on the list,but please girls...don't ruin your show with the "To tame a land"! (prolly the only Maiden song I actually can't stand)

Could not agree more!!! I'm the same - it is the only Maiden song I actually hate. It's SO boring!!!!!!!!!!

You like X Factor but hate To Tame a Land? You obviously don't know much about Spice or Arakas for that matter.

Could not agree more!!! I'm the same - it is the only Maiden song I actually hate. It's SO boring!!!!!!!!!!

It has quite the interesting vibe to it IMHO and I love the bass line. Really like the way Steve's bass is mixed on the entire POM CD and this one it really stands out.

The long instrumental section is quite the left hand endurance test. :worship:

Not to mention being just slightly out of tune to get the phase induced volume drop at 6:25-6:29. Uber bass geek stuff. :)

Jim

It has quite the interesting vibe to it IMHO and I love the bass line. Really like the way Steve's bass is mixed on the entire POM CD and this one it really stands out.

The long instrumental section is quite the left hand endurance test. :worship:

Not to mention being just slightly out of tune to get the phase induced volume drop at 6:25-6:29. Uber bass geek stuff. :)

Jim

The bass does sound great but it's never been a song I've taken to. I tried to give it another chance quite recently but sorry, nope!