Songs which REALLY need to be dropped from their album

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
What tracks do you think that if they were dropped from their album, it would make the album seem 100% better because it just breaks up the goodness of the album and makes your overall impression of it seem crapper? Here are some I think:

Warrant - 32 Pennies In A Ragu Jar off Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Rich. What a crap song. I mean it isn't out of place on the album, it's still a typical Warrant rocker in the style of the others, just a really bad one in my opinion.

Alice Cooper - Burning Our Beds off Hey Stoopid. Really boring and awful sounding ballad. I really like Might As Well Be On Mars and Die For You, but 3 ballads on a 12 track album is pushing it unless they are all really really good (like on Slave To The Grind by Skid Row), and Burning Our Beds is just awful. There needs to be a rocker there instead.

Dio - Stand Up & Shout off Holy Diver. Ok I know you are all going to go "OH MY GOD ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!" at this one. It isn't a bad song I don't mind it, however when I put this album on I usually place the needle at track 2 and skip this song. Just never done it for me. *Shrug* Also, I think Holy Diver is a better song to open the album because of the 1 minute soft intro thing.

Ratt - One Step Away off Detonator. It's a pretty good song, sounds good on the best of because best of albums have no flow anyway, but on Detonator it seems to be the song breaking up the flow of the album. It just seems out of place on it.

Iron Maiden - Gangland off The Number Of The Beast. Simple explanation here, it should've been replaced with Total Eclipse and the album would've been flawless.

And also, both of Slaughter's first 2 albums, although I love them, really need to lose 2 or 3 tracks each. They are just too long and if they lost the filler they would be much better. Basically they both have too many ballads, and the end of the albums have unnecessary tracks like acoustic versions of songs already on the albums and things like Wingin' It which is a jazzy jam and The Old Man (even though I like that track) which is like a semi-spoekn acoustic bluesy thing. Those albums should've been cut down to about 12 tracks each.

Megadeth - RIP - Dump Dawn Patrol!
Metallica - AJFA - Dump the title song, 12 minutes of repetition.

Oh another one...

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters off Metallica. The album would be about 1000x better without it.

Maybe dump Sad But True also.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Dio - Stand Up & Shout off Holy Diver.

OH MY GOD ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! :eek:

2 obvious choices spring to my mind.

Quest For Fire from Piece Of Mind, and;
Can I Play With Madness from Seventh Son

Stand Up & Shout doesn't really belong in songs that REALLY need to be dropped. However I just think Holy Diver would be better without it, or with it somewhere else on the album.

Althuogh it is quite good in that spot actually because I don't have to get up to skip it I can just start the album after it :D

Oh by the way, I reckon Quest For Fire rules! Just the lyrics kinda suck hahaha. I like Can I Play With Madness too.

Don't Tread On Me and Struggle Within are nothing special but much better than Nothing Else Matters! :puke:

I hate about half of Metallica.

Don't Tread On Me, Struggle Within and Wherever I May Roam blow.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Oh by the way, I reckon Quest For Fire rules! I like Can I Play With Madness too.

Both those songs are too Glam for a Maiden album. :puke:

Drop Trapped Under Ice? Are you MAD? :eek: I command you to go put that song on right now and listen to its greatness!

Originally posted by spawn
Drop Trapped Under Ice? Are you MAD? :eek: I command you to go put that song on right now and listen to its greatness!

[color=#AOEOOA]It bites. BAD

I listen to Fight Fire, Ride, Bell Tolls, Fade...

then I have to endure two terrible tracks before I hear two of their best tracks.

... Creeping Death and The Call Of Ktulu.

They annoy me, and are not upto standard with the rest of the album.[/color]

I like Escape better than Trapped Under Ice. Both are cool though and I'd prefer them over Fade To Black, although the first 2 solos in that rule. Hate the lyrics though and James' tone of voice.

Originally posted by Sydo
Can I Play With Madness from Seventh Son
What he said. One of Maiden's worst songs, ruining potentially one of their best albums IMO.
I agree about Gangland too, but only because replacing it with Total Eclipse would have done better for the album. I do like Gangland. :)

Trapped Under Ice rules! THRASH! :headbang:

I also reckon the title track from ..AJFA rules too. Yes its long, but it is awesome. Excellent album. :headbang:

If Maiden had dropped 'Quest For Fire' and 'Sun And Steel' from POM for an instrumental, it would be flawless.

The Struggle Within also rules. AWESOME solo! :headbang:

Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
[color=#AOEOOA]Drop Escape and Trapped Under Ice from Ride The Lightning.

And Drop Metal Militia from Kill Em All (then they'd have a perfect debut release).[/color]

:OMG: Thats crazy talk!!!!!!! Those songs rule! Especially metal militia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D That song is just so metal its not funny.