Songs you fear you'll never hear live...

I just came back from seeing Symphony X in cleveland. Just to prove what I said about the older music, they played eygpt, smoke and mirrors, the death of balance plus all the new stuff and masquerade. All the older stuff was so awsome! The new stuff was awsome also, just not as awsome as the other awsome stuff! For some reason smoke and mirrors just kicks ass live. Probably my fav tonight. Somebody mention russ's comedy at a earlier show this week, they were right, he was hilarious!

I don't get the "new stuff is not as good" mentality. No offense to anyone, I just feel like the new songs are some of the most powerful (especially when performed live). I love old SX too, but I think their songwriting ability continues to improve.

Hungarian wedding music

edit: didn't read the first post, just the thread title. From SyX discography, I'd say Lady Of The Snow.

Rediscovery (especially this one. )
A Fool's Paradise
Absence of Light
The Relic
Orion-The Hunter
Lady of the Snow
A Winter's Dream (both parts)
Candlelight Fantasia
Seven

I'd LOVE to see them do these two! Twilight is so underrated!

Just curious as to why you feel Twilight is so underrated? And by who? I mean, there's no question that most of the dick sucking on this forum is for V, The Odyssey or Paradise Lost. But still, I certainly never see anyone ripping on Twilight. Also, at one point or another they've played 4 TiO tracks live. That's almost on par with how much of TDWoT gets touched on, and light years more than DG and s/t touches.

Just curious as to why you feel Twilight is so underrated? And by who? I mean, there's no question that most of the dick sucking on this forum is for V, The Odyssey or Paradise Lost. But still, I certainly never see anyone ripping on Twilight. Also, at one point or another they've played 4 TiO tracks live. That's almost on par with how much of TDWoT gets touched on, and light years more than DG and s/t touches.

I fucking love V.

But yes, i actually agree with the majority of this post. I think this may be one of the few times in history that i directly agree with Rocky... preeeetty sure y'all might want to move to another universe because this one's about to 'splode.

I fucking love V.

But yes, i actually agree with the majority of this post. I think this may be one of the few times in history that i directly agree with Rocky... preeeetty sure y'all might want to move to another universe because this one's about to 'splode.

:lol::lol: Yeah, I certainly didn't mean to crap on V cuz I love it too.

Incidentally, I gained more respect for your posts after reading your thoughts on Lance King.

Incidentally, I gained more respect for your posts after reading your thoughts on Lance King.

:lol: i don't know the guy or the situation, i just know that the particular post in question seemed like just a huge bitch-fest. I may be outspoken and sometimes a douche, I'll be the first to admit that, but I'm pretty sure there's a reasonable person and a brain somewhere in this body...

Anyway, cheers man :headbang:

The only time they've ever played four Twilight songs was on the tour in Japan following the release of that album. Almost every song on Divine Wings has been played live at some point or another, but strong songs on Twilight (e.g. The Relic, Orion, some would say Lady of the Snow) haven't been touched.

The only time they've ever played four Twilight songs was on the tour in Japan following the release of that album. Almost every song on Divine Wings has been played live at some point or another, but strong songs on Twilight (e.g. The Relic, Orion, some would say Lady of the Snow) haven't been touched.

I didn't mean 4 in the same night. Anyway, I've personally seen Smoke & Mirrors, TtLG and Church of the Machine so I know of at least those in the U.S. Regarding TDWoT, Sea of Lies, Of Sins and Shadows, Out of the Ashes, Accolade(as a medley) and TDWoT have been played, that I'm aware of. I understand Twilight gets edged out a bit by TDWoT, but how does that make it underrated?

By underrated do you really mean "ignored by the band live?" Because that I can understand.