Sonimus Satson ($39 VCC Alternative-Thats AMAZING) is out

thank you TonyS ! It is so subtle. But it improves the sound. I like the Satson.

One instance uses 0.9% CPU on my 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo machine. Super super light on CPU, works flawlessly too. I love it when plugins just work like this. Really happy with this purchase after laying it across the mix I'm working on now. Glad to have such a superior alternative to VCC. Impressive that a lone dude from Argentina has such a better QC department than Slate Digital!

One instance uses 0.9% CPU on my 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo machine. Super super light on CPU, works flawlessly too. I love it when plugins just work like this. Really happy with this purchase after laying it across the mix I'm working on now. Glad to have such a superior alternative to VCC. Impressive that a lone dude from Argentina has such a better QC department than Slate Digital!

Sounds good.

At first I thought it was dulling the sound a lot, but then I realised Slate's one was brightening/scooping the sound a bit, this was staying more true to the source sound. Not that Slate's sound is a bad one, I'd probably lean more than way with EQ anyway.
I do much prefer Slate's sound in this comparison, but I'll have to see if I can't get the same effect by boosting 70hz and 8khz on the SatsonFat clip with an EQ tonight. Hopefully I can, $40 vs $250+$50 for a new iLok is a big difference.

Sounds good.

At first I thought it was dulling the sound a lot, but then I realised Slate's one was brightening/scooping the sound a bit, this was staying more true to the source sound. Not that Slate's sound is a bad one, I'd probably lean more than way with EQ anyway.
I do much prefer Slate's sound in this comparison, but I'll have to see if I can't get the same effect by boosting 70hz and 8khz on the SatsonFat clip with an EQ tonight. Hopefully I can, $40 vs $250+$50 for a new iLok is a big difference.

Plus this plugin works!

But I relly like the workflow with the group editing feature in VCC! The possibility to use different emulations on different instruments is also great! I also bought it cheaper with including Ilok in the first week...so I think now, I would not pay this high price und would take Satson!
Hard to beat for 40$!#

@Adam
It still works good on my C6 Win7 system!

Couldn't imitate VCC with Satson + EQ, at least not easily manually or with CurveEQ. Comparing Satson to the Raw clip there's not enough of a difference to warrant it, unfortunately. VCC may just be 'exciting' the source by making the lows and highs louder, but it does it in a really pleasant way, not the same as EQ. Unfortunately, I can't really justify the cost atm.

Anybody some new comparisons or clips? After some more time to play around with VCC and Satson, I really like VCC more.
Satson is even more subtle and without "Fat mode" there is nearly no difference.
Other opinions?

turn the gain up and you'll see the difference.

otherwise it is very subtle - smoother highs.

A demo of this would be really nice so I could see if it works using the VST RTAS wrapper

Works great man, lots of unused space in the wrapper window but no hickups as far as working.

Screenshot2011-05-11at51812PM.png

I can post a reference song, although I'm not sure how useful it is. The most easily noticeble thing is the shift in the stereo image (although I think that can be disabled). Also, the Satson one seems to be clipping in reaper for some reason, even though Satson was used first in the master bus, so the FG-X should still have kept the ceiling at 0.01 or whatever it is, default.

I basically just threw Satson on every channel and bus (I had already rendered the clean guitars, so I just threw the channel and the bus plugins in there after eachother). So no tweaking, not even checking the gain levels, very quick test.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10138888/Fanttu Ylöntynen - Mörökölli 2.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10138888/Fanttu Ylöntynen - Mörökölli satson.mp3

Edit: Also, mixed on headphones, so probably not the best mix you've ever heard.

Oh, and I guess it would have been a bit more useful if there was vocals, but they're not recorded yet.

I did some more test and also after hearing Famas clips, I dont like it more and more. The difference is too less for me.
Still working with VCC.

bought this. i quite like it!! still putting it through it's paces but if anything it's worth it for the sick accurate VU meter! =D