Nebula is weak as fuck

No it's not what every controler do (or maybe we don't understand each other), I mean it would set say a default EQ (say your favourite SSL vst) available right away on your controls without any programming from your part (which would be the difference with every other controller which still need you to load vsts and map them or have presets of mapping ready for you to use them), just like it would be an SSL desk. If you favour a Neve, then just change the default vst to your favourite neve emulation, and now your desk is a neve. It would have default Eq controls (say a 4 band eq + comp strip) Now, if the icon can understand that the eq and comp loaded by default in PT are those supposed to be mapped to its channelstrip physical controls, then it's amazing !

It work that way with every Avid controler to be fair. Even my command8 do that.
If you have let's say first insert selected, every plugins put on first insert is mapped to the corresponding channel in the command 8. Then switch to second insert...etc.

Icon biggest advantage is that you have dedicated control for everything, you can assign track how you want (have your kick track on channel 1 and your ad lib vox track 150 assigned channel 2 and it stay that way instead of be set to navigate through bank of 8 tracks at the time...etc).

Ah, that's not what I experienced with the (admitedly few) units I tested, but I have never used an avid+PT config once. That's pretty nice actually.

Anybody would like/can compare VCC vs Nebula console (dunno, maybe CLC)? I would like to buy some console coloration plugin but cant decide and couldnt find any comparison of these two products. Thanks.

Nebula is no more than just very highly overpriced piece of vst. No magic at all, every time I used nebula's preamps it sounded very crappy.

Nebula is no more than just very highly overpriced piece of vst. No magic at all, every time I used nebula's preamps it sounded very crappy.

Highly priced? $3 for a tape machine, preamp, or whatever on top of the hundreds of free programs available is highly priced... sure thing dumbass :lol:

To everyone here proclaiming that Nebula is complete udder garbage, no one cares what you think. That's all it is anyway, YOUR OPINION.

My opinion is that Digidesign plugins sound like garbage. Same with Nomad Factory, PODfarm, and countless other plugins. BUT, these plugins, that I consider garbage, have been used all over plenty of works that I LOVE. Apparently, some people know how to get good sounds out of these things, just not me. Chances are damn good that there's a good handful of works that you enjoy that used Nebula. Just because one doesn't like working with Nebula, doesn't mean that there's no way to get great results with it.

I have no idea why this is the only thread completely tearing a given plugin apart. You don't like the plugin? Fine. You don't like the community of people making programs for it and using it? Sure, why not. I completely disagree with you, you have every right to believe/say it, but why this is the only thread filled with nothing but frustration and hate over a single plugin completely blows my mind. I have never had an issue with Nebula, and all my clients have noticed a huge difference (for the better) in using it over, say, Waves or Softube plugins. Yes, I am a fanboy, deal with it. It works for me, but it doesn't work for you, big freaking whoop :Shedevil: Shut up and go make music with what you like unless you want to keep whining about how much your pussy hurts over people liking something you don't.

Today, nothing in software sounds better than Nebula. That is a reality even you like it or not.

To me it doesn't make sense to say "nothing in software sounds better than Nebula".
I think Nebula and the kernel technology is the better way to capture real hardware, in a dynamic way, and nothing beats it for that application.
But a lot of alghoritmics plugins sounds very good too !

unless you want to keep whining about how much your pussy hurts over people liking something you don't.

You're a bit late to the party. This thread has been done with for a while now. You're the one with a painful pudenda over the issue; various people have already said use what you like, and that this is all just opinion.:fu:

You're a bit late to the party. This thread has been done with for a while now. You're the one with a painful pudenda over the issue; various people have already said use what you like, and that this is all just opinion.:fu:

I was unaware that making a comment a day or two behind of, what you perceive as the end of the thread, directly affected the validity of what I chose to say. :lol: I had a very busy past several days. I'm not required to voice my comments to convenience your schedule. Your prejudice against my posts means nothing to me, as I'm sure the feelings mutual. :devil: Regardless, I can say what I want even if you think this thread is done, so I will.

You presented this thread as fact, whether you're aware of it or not. "Nebula IS weak as fuck", "Nebula DOESN'T work as advertised", "[The CLC console] sounds guff", "with CLC, you just get garbage", "Even when you drive the channels too hot on a desk, you get full frequency waveshaping (in my experience). Nebula does not do that." (completely wrong, your gain staging is incorrect. You were pushing the "hardware" past its physical capabilities and Nebula does that PING to let you know that you are pushing things past what they are capable of doing, both in the software world and the real world as well. You pushed it past the highest level that it was sampled). I'll stop here with the quotes. I'm not going to convince you of anything, but my side of the argument hasn't been given equal time so I feel obliged to say something.

I was the first to say "use what you like" in the thread in case you forgot. Funny how you bring that up. ;) My beef isn't with you having an opinion, anyone else having one, or even that the given opinion is a negative one against Nebula (of course, it's part of it, but far from my main reason). It was your foolish presentation that your opinion is undisputed fact and that Nebula is incapable of doing anything right, when in reality, YOU were the problem, YOU didn't learn the gain-staging, YOU didn't read the manual (either correctly or at all) to learn how to properly use the tool that YOU paid for. And then after that, YOU CHOSE not to listen to any advice to guide you how to use the tool correctly. This thread is nothing more than an attempted smear.

It doesn't operate like other plugins and takes some extra research to get it running optimally (and it's absolutely worth it IMHO). Sorry, but this thread is only a showcase that your experience with Nebula was, at best, impatient, ignorant, and uneducated. Your immediate dismissal the advice that was offered in this thread is a testament to that.