Sooo, what's your favourite 2007 albums so far?

Morfeind: That's good to hear. I've only heard the title song and a clip of the first one, but if the rest of the album is as good as the first 2, then I agree that it's definately worthy of top 3 of the year.

Wow, this new Alcest album is definitely my surprise album of this year so far. Definitely top 3 material.

:OMG: It's out??? Wow, I haven't been keeping tabs on it lately. Gotta pick it up amd fast!

And after seeing Virgin Black live recently (two times in both London AND Toronto, ON)....oh....my....god were they amazing live - all I can think about now is the upcoming album and I have NO IDEA when it's coming out. Some dude at the show told me the band gave him a promo copy of it and there is absolutely NO clean vocals. Uh, needless to say it goes without saying that I'm :headbang: totally anticipating this one.

Also, the live performance has made me realize what a stunning album Mezzo Forte truly is. I think I prefer it over the new Elend and possibly TIED with PT. So hard to say...

M3/Alcapoth - You guys won't be disappointed. This was my introduction to the band after being very intrigued by the description I read from another forum. This is definitely one of the best shoegaze related albums I've ever heard with a great black metal feel.

Morfeind: :) Good to know. Highly looking forward to it!

Ruun: Love the sig. Riverside is a HIGHLY impressive band - one of my favourites, hehe. Hopefully a new album is coming out from them soon....

Alcapoth -- it was cool to meet you in Ontario, man! Those Virgin Black live performances were indeed amazing. I bought the 2CD digipak version of the new album after I saw them for the first time, as the performances showed just how strong an album Requiem - mezzo forte is. "Domine" live spoke enough for that alone.

I believe the next album to be released in the Requiem trilogy is pianissimo, and it will probably be out in September. That's the more symphonic one, as I understand it. I have a feeling that fortissimo will indeed be harsh and beautiful. I too have heard that it's very heavy.

The Alcest album isn't out yet, but what has been posted is sounding very good. It'll be released in August. The North American version will be through Profound Lore.

Also, I had to add the new Shining album to my list. It's surprisingly good. It reminds me of Opeth, Mayhem, and even Katatonia, but has its own new, fresh sound. Still feels like Shining, though.

Definitely some amazing music this year.

Porcupine Tree: Fear of a Blank Planet <-this should be the album of the year as pretty much everyone has it on the list
Marily Manson: Eat Me Drink Me
Linkin Park: Minutes To Midnight
Antimatter: Leaving Eden
Nine Inch Nails: Year Zero
Virtual Server: Setup
Heavensdust: Without A Voice
Paradise Lost: In Requiem
Air: Pocket Symphony
VNV Nation: Judgement
Pain of Salvation: Scarsick

Porcupine Tree: Fear of a Blank Planet <-this should be the album of the year as pretty much everyone has it on the list
Marily Manson: Eat Me Drink Me
Linkin Park: Minutes To Midnight
Antimatter: Leaving Eden
Nine Inch Nails: Year Zero
Virtual Server: Setup
Heavensdust: Without A Voice
Paradise Lost: In Requiem
Air: Pocket Symphony
VNV Nation: Judgement
Pain of Salvation: Scarsick

Yikes! You've got some real fruity bands on that list.

Alcest- Souvenirs d'un autre monde
Paradise Lost- In Requiem
Mithras- Behind The Shadows Lie Madness
Rotting Christ- Theogonia
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Peste Noire - Folkfuck Folie
Mayhem- Ordo Ad Chaos
Akercocke- Antichrist
Swallow The Sun- Hope

So far the ones I could think of are:

Neurosis - Given To The Rising
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Jesu - Conqueror
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
Blackfield - II
Nightingale - White Darkness
Explosions In The Sky - All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
Clutch - From Beale Street To Oblivion
Queens Of The Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
Funeral - From These Wounds
Anekdoten - A Time Of Day
Sunn 0))) - Oracle
Crippled Black Phoenix - A Love of Shared Disasters

Nice year so far

Some more albums i've downloaded over the last couple of days. Except for the Jesu LP. Will hopefully get to listening to them very soon.

Atavist - II: Ruined
Bloody Sign - Explosions Of Elements
Deofel - Aposni Rytual (The Last Ritual)
Eluvium - Copia
Gloomy Sunday - Beyond Good And Evil
IXXI - IXXI
Jesu - Split LP (with Eluvium)
Malignum - Cosmovision
Membaris - Into Nevermore
Nadja - Untitled (Collab. w/ Fear Falls Burning)
Nadja - 12012291920 / 1414101
Nadja - Touched (Re-recorded)
Pest Noire - Folkfuck Folie
Sworn - Tended High