Sorry guys, I HAD to do this: To Bid You Farewll Vs. Face of Melinda

End it now: Which of the two mellow songs is superior?

• To Bid You Farewell (Morningrise)

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Face of Melinda (Still Life)

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters
I like Face of Melinda better I guess, but I don't find either of them to be particularly astounding. Something from Blackwater Park is definitly my favorite mellow song, though (Harvest or the bonus tracks).

Oh, it's a poll alright! Hell yeah.

And I realize some won't like either BEST, I just want to know what everyone prefers out of these two songs. It's all upon "let's see the end result."

edit: Oh, and yeah...I went for To Bid You Farewell.

Face of Melinda, clearly. What it boils down to is raw emotion vs mature song-writing. There is alot more Depth in Face of Melinda, musically, than there is in TBYF. The structuring of the parts and general progression of the song is alot more mature, and lends towards making that climax toward the end all that much more powerful.

To me it isn't even a contest - Face of Melinda is simply a superior track.

C'mon TBYF can win, I have faith. Anyways, like this thread, spawn off the other one. Yeah.

Moonlapse said:
Face of Melinda, clearly. What it boils down to is raw emotion vs mature song-writing. There is alot more Depth in Face of Melinda, musically, than there is in TBYF. The structuring of the parts and general progression of the song is alot more mature, and lends towards making that climax toward the end all that much more powerful.

I find the exact opposite.

Moonlapse said:

Totally agreed. I always though that TBYF sounded like a prototype for FOM.

We are all fans of a great band. All of their albums are awesome. Most people do not have an appreciation for the finest music. So the fact that we fight over the best song or ballad just shows that humans have a tendancy towards conflict. Hey as long as it's healthy for us right. Sex and aggression the two fundamentals

shark22 said:
C'mon TBYF can win, I have faith. Anyways, like this thread, spawn off the other one. Yeah.

Exactly, dude. That was the debate I was talking about. Heck, that's precisley why I did this. I HAD to, in order to make a poll out of it. That's the ONLY way we'll see how close or FAR apart the poll will end up being.

'nuff said.

^ lol.

But yeah, I kinda figured it'd turn out like this. Damn, Melinda is RAPING TBYF. Geez, kinda hoped for a closer fight.

It's kind of disappointing. But, let's give it time.

Like a sporting event. At least the Eagles kept it tight the first three quarters. Wanna kill Tom Brady. C'mon TBYF. Funny, I'm rooting for a song like a team.

Moonlapse said:

Looking for a Job said:
how is there anything more mature about tbyf? it's too repetitive. the best part of the song is the acoustic part before he even starts singing. goes downhill after that

FoM is a better written song, but I just love every single riff in TBYF. I also think Mike's vocals are better.