Sorry guys, I HAD to do this: To Bid You Farewll Vs. Face of Melinda

End it now: Which of the two mellow songs is superior?

• To Bid You Farewell (Morningrise)

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Face of Melinda (Still Life)

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters
Just thought I'd mention - To Bid You Farewell is very Pink Floydish for the most part. This is in regards to the song being repetitive, etc. Remember tracks like Shine on you or Echoes?

Alcapoth said:
Just thought I'd mention - To Bid You Farewell is very Pink Floydish for the most part. This is in regards to the song being repetitive, etc. Remember tracks like Shine on you or Echoes?

Is that supposed to make it a better song? Face it, we all know which song is better.

Alcapoth said:
Well, I guess it would make it a better song to me just because I do in fact like Pink Floyd...alot.

Who doesn't like Pink Floyd?

bangadrian said:
i personally like any song that sounds like devildriver

Stop posting here and finish up your song ranking thread, bastard!

bangadrian said:
wow i didn't know anyone actually cared. :loco: cool

Yeah, I love those kind of threads. Plus, it's actually related to Opeth, unlike a lot of recent threads.

Looking for a Job said:
hmm i had no idea you didn't like still life :erk:
Well maybe i was overreacting to some of the morningrise bashing. Got a little carried away. Remember, I did not make an entire post bashing an album. I believe you had a post here a while back that was titiled "MAYH sucks". Thats cool and I respect your opinions, but don't get mad when other people speak up. :)

Alcapoth said:
Argh, maybe it's because of the fact so many embrace Still Life here (or so it seems anyway) that Shark22, even if he likes the album, will just say it sucks. Heh, in some sort of way, I can understand that.

Geez, I'd be very, VERY disappointed if it IS true that there are 10 non-legit votes on here. Dammit, why anyone would want to do that and ruin an honest poll is beyond me. Plus, what fun is in that anyway? That just sucks, I say.

Face of Melinda is an incredible track, but go TBYF. Hell, the difference is ONLY 14 votes. That's not the HUGE leap I was anticipating for FoM, which is cool. That's all I wanted to see, is the fact there ARE alot of fans of TBYF on here; of BOTH songs.

"Devotion eludes, and in sadness I lumber. In my own ashes, I am standing without a soul" *kick-ass guitar part*

- this is the best part of the song. Fuck, it still just brings the chills down my spine. Even though the acoustic intro is freaking magnificent, there's just no denying how well this song all comes together near the end. A fine, fine climax with an excellent conclusin.

Also, I just LOVE singing along to this song. This and harvest are two songs I totally have memorized.

end note: there isn't a single opeth album that "sucks." I just cannot accept that.
Wow, that opening sentence you hit the nail on the head. Still life is not my favorite by them. However, I do not think that it sucks, but say it does as somewhat of a joke. I guess I have a sick sense of humor. Plus, I am upset that TBYF is losing. :headbang: