Sort of new To Metal!

Made some updates on stuff i got today after hearing sound clips of a few things, good albums btw.

Young Unknown said:
Well i found that In Flames Thread and my experience with them has just been ruined ...

i don't know what to think now.

Are you that easily influenced?

Like what you like; dislike what you can't stand, and not just because someone else can't stand it.

Some other recommendations, and these are from of the Old School masters since nobody mentioned them (this could get expensive as some of these are box sets, but they cover a broad range of those artists material):

Deep Purple:
Made In Japan; Machine Head; In Rock; Burn; Made in Europe (this title is out of print in the US, but you may be able to find an import copy at a decent price)

Kiss:
Alive!; Alive II; Greatest Kiss

Black Sabbath:
Black Sabbath; Paranoid; Volume 4; Master of Reality; Sabbath Bloody Sabbath; Heaven and Hell; Live Evil; Born Again; Past Lives; Under Wheels of Confusion (Box Set)

Dio:
Holy Diver; Last In Line; Dream Evil

Venom:
Welcome to Hell; Black Metal; Singles, 80-86; MMV (Box Set)

Kreator:
Terrible Certainty; Extreme Agression

Judas Priest:
Unleashed in the East; Hell Bent For Leather (this album also goes under the title of Killing Machine in markets outside of USA); Sad Wings of Destiny

Prong:
Prove You Wrong; Cleansing

Mentors:
Up the Dose; You Axed For It
Warning: Don't let your parents find these in the house if you can find them. :heh:

Voivod:
RRROOOAAARRR; Dimension Hatross; Nothingface; Angel Rat; The Outer Limits; Voivod

King Diamond:
Fatal Portrait; Abigail; Them

Mercyful Fate:
The Beginning; Melissal; Don't Break The Oath; Return of the Vampire; 9

Young Unknown said:
Hey i didnt mean to start shit, i just wanted to know whats out there.

also i didnt see the Recommendations Thread.
Don't worry about it. Just use the Recommendations Thread from now on.

Don't worry about what other people say, either. Listen to what you want, but also try to keep an open mind and expand your musical tastes.

i'll keep that in mind, but i never said i didnt like them, Jester Race is still one of my favs, im just seeing what elts is out there.

I recommend you:
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
Bathory - Hammerheart
At The Gates - Slaughter The Soul
Borknagar - Quintessence
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence (!!!)
Hypocrisy - The Arrival
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Martyr - Warp Zone

And if you are just starting to listen metal, and you don't know shit about it I think this would be a good start:
Murderdolls - The Valley Of The Murderdolls
Unearth - The Oncoming Storm

Btw the ,,!!!" means that Epidemic Of Violence is a fucking great album:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Young Unknown said:
Well im not sure if yall consider stuff like (older) Sevendust and Ill Nino Nu-metal

thats where i was getting at when i said i listen to a litte Nu Metal.

i don't know what the exact definition is.

Yeah, they are nu-metal.

You said you like Kreator's Enemy of God but I suggest Pleasure To Kill.

MURAI said:
Yeah, they are nu-metal.

You said you like Kreator's Enemy of God but I suggest Pleasure To Kill.
HEH DO NOT PLAY WITH PADDYS MELON KREATOR ARE NOT NU FUCKING METAL PADDY GOT THEM STUFF IN 80S THEY ARE OLD METAL:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin:

-PanterA: The Great Southern Trendkill, Cowboys from Hell, Reinventing the Steel.:headbang:
-Throwdown: Vendetta.
-Devildriver: The Fury of Our Makers Hands.
-Soulfly: Prophecy, Dark Ages.
-Chimaira: Impossibility of Reason, Self titled.
-If Hope Dies: Life In Ruin

the-hated said:
-PanterA: The Great Southern Trendkill, Cowboys from Hell, Reinventing the Steel.:headbang:
-Throwdown: Vendetta.
-Devildriver: The Fury of Our Makers Hands.
-Soulfly: Prophecy, Dark Ages.
-Chimaira: Impossibility of Reason, Self titled.
-If Hope Dies: Life In Ruin

seriously, do not take this guys advice

I just heard Seventh Son Of a Seventh son by Iron Maiden and its great,

i have now heard 5 Iron Maiden albums and all kick ass :heh:

Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son
Dance Of Death

any others i should check out by them? i heard the albums from the 90's are not that great so i probably wont check them out, but how is their stuff Pre Bruce?

Also heard Amon Amarth's "Fate Of Norns" Its a good death metal album imo, but then again i have not heard alot of death/black metal besides Opeth if they count :p

Young Unknown said:
I just heard Seventh Son Of a Seventh son by Iron Maiden and its great,

i have now heard 5 Iron Maiden albums and all kick ass :heh:

Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son
Dance Of Death

any others i should check out by them? i heard the albums from the 90's are not that great so i probably wont check them out, but how is their stuff Pre Bruce?

Their 90's stuff isn't too bad, though a lot of the Blaze stuff I can live without. Doesn't really help that I saw Blaze sing with them in 1998 and still think he can't sing worth a shit.

The stuff with Paul Di'anno ("Pre Bruce," as you say) is really good and shows them in their formative stage. Iron Maiden is very raw, and Killers shows them start to move into the sound they would keep through the 1980s.

If you can find copies of Maiden Japan or Live +1, I highly recommend them.

metal paddy said:

HEH DO NOT PLAY WITH PADDYS MELON KREATOR ARE NOT NU FUCKING METAL PADDY GOT THEM STUFF IN 80S THEY ARE OLD METAL:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin:
Don't worry, Paddy. No one was calling Kreator nu-metal. He was calling Sevendust and Ill Nino nu-metal.

Young Unknown: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is indeed a great album. Since you like that, try Somewhere in Time. It's also atmospheric, proggish album with synths. And you gotta check out Maiden's first two albums - two of the most important albums of the NWOBHM movement. Killers is one of the best Maiden albums IMO. And Beast Over Hammersmith is the best live Maiden album (much better than Live After Death or any other live Maiden album IMO), but probably won't find it any where unless you buy Eddie's Archive, which costs big money IMO.

am i the only person who didn't at some point listen to nu metal... i never "grew out" of any kind of music, there's nothing i once listened to that i am now embarrassed to have liked... i pretty much at around 10 or 11 went from listening to the mighty mighty bosstones to listening to black metal and that was that, there was no transition period where i listened to lame faggy mainstream "metal" before finding the good stuff...