SOUND CLIPS FROM 'IMMORTAL' !!

I don't know john k. ;)
I would love for pyramaze to find someone with less generic voice than most of power metal vocalist, the one hundred copies of Michael Kiske, Koltipeto and Geoff Tate. I know that those three vocallists are really cool and have really great voices but I'm sick of guys that tries to sing like them, even if they're doing this well. That's why I would love Pyramaze to find some specific with amazing voice like Matt Barlow, Jorn Lande (ex-Masterplan), the guy from Evergrey, Jon Oliva, Daniel Gildenlow from Pain Of Salvation. <-- They all play Power or Progressive(or both) Metal and have very original and really great voices.

I agree.
Big fan of L.King and his style, but its clear that Matts vocal style fits perfectly with Pyramaze. The lower registers, heavier style and more vocal range is what works in this band. I hope they work with Matt again or someone similar?

I don't know john k. ;)

Here's a vid of John live with Balance of Power in 2004 from the Heathenology box sex. The vid is of The Rising/Heathen Machine.

Here is another vid of John with Biomechanical called The Empires of the Worlds

Neither of these really display his midrange so I've uploaded a song from the Balance of Power album Heathen Machine that displays his mid-range a bit better.

Necessary Evil - http://www.sendspace.com/file/v36s7m

Last edited by a moderator:
See, my thoughts are that Matt doesn't work any BETTER than Lance. The first two albums are simply amazing. Lance is the voice of Pyramaze... but with the new stuff, Matt works just as god as Lance. Now Matt is their voice of Pyramaze. The key is to find someone who has a voice that is Pyramaze, not a voice that is going to be hell of good alongside the band.

Going into this I was a bigger fan of Lance and his style than Matts, and if they announce tomorrow that Lance is back, I'd be thrilled. Take nothing away from Lances work with the band, it was fantastic! . Matt just sounds better than I expected.
Think its fair to say he sounds better with the band than Lance did.

Both Matt and Lance sound amazing with Pyramaze. Even though I like Matt better in general I really don't know who I like better in Pyramaze. I might not even know when the album comes out. Matt has a much more aggresive voice, and is also a lot better on the mid to low range, but Lance has a more epic-ish voice, in a way, which fits along great with Pyramaze's style of music.
If the next singer will fit half as well as Lance and Matt did, Pyramaze will still fucking rock :headbang:

Yeah guys, Pyramaze rule with Lance AND with Matt... Though I got to know Pyramaze about a year ago after I read that Matt joins I was blown away from the first song I heard from them (Souls In Pain)... Lance perfectly fits with the music of Pyramaze, but Matt takes it all to an unbelievably high level :) Pyramaze with Lance still would be my favorite band, though the gap to the second place (Iced Earth with Matt, Days Of Purgatory & Horror Show) is quite close... but Matt and Pyramaze are just outstanding, I doubt that anything can top that.

I like some songs I recently listend to that you guys recommended (Steel Attack, Balance Of Power, Dionysus,...) and I also like most of the voices, but hardly anyone of these singers has a unique voice like Lance, Matt, James Hetfield, Zak Stevens...

I would love for pyramaze to find someone with less generic voice than most of power metal vocalist, the one hundred copies of Michael Kiske, Koltipeto and Geoff Tate. I know that those three vocallists are really cool and have really great voices but I'm sick of guys that tries to sing like them, even if they're doing this well.

Well, really close to my feelings, that's about what I want to say! :)

I love the new sound clips, but my favorite is Year Of The Phoenix.
I like also both voices. Lance's voice makes me goosebumps and Matt's voice is more powerful,
so a new vocalist with the best from both would be great.:)

I like some songs I recently listen to that you guys recommended (Steel Attack, Balance Of Power, Dionysus,...) and I also like most of the voices, but hardly anyone of these singers has a unique voice like [Lance]...

Lance sung for Balance of Power for many years and did their 3 best albums to date: Book of Secrets, Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion and Perfect Balance:worship:

Im still hoping something can happen to where matt can do both bands.

if not URBAN BREED!

Ive heard the issues between Tad Morose and himself were mostly his fault but honestly as long as Micheal and the gang keep him on a leash, it would be a person that is the middle ground between Lance and Matt.

Im still hoping something can happen to where matt can do both bands.

if not URBAN BREED!

Ive heard the issues between Tad Morose and himself were mostly his fault but honestly as long as Micheal and the gang keep him on a leash, it would be a person that is the middle ground between Lance and Matt.

Urban Breed rejoined Bloodbound just after the release of Book of the Dead. Not sure if he'd be available or not, but he is a killer choice :headbang:

Lance sung for Balance of Power for many years and did their 3 best albums to date: Book of Secrets, Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion and Perfect Balance:worship:

Oh no, how could I NOT see this?

I once read some time ago he sung in this band, don't know why I didn't check them out. As you recommended listening to this band because of John K. I just listened to the short samples of Heathen Machine on their homepage. Now as I checked out their my-space-page I like them much more! But just three songs online, all from ten more tales... and another singer right now, right? Weird! :loco: