Soundtracks

Nicolas

obonlédebrebisse
Oct 10, 2002
Paris/Lille
Visit site
Did you ever see a movie with a real metal/goth band playing the soundtrack?
I mean something less "mainstream" than Rammstein playing in the Matrix or XXX.:p

On saturday I went to the cinema. There was the teaser for "Hellboy". Hellboy is a soon to be released Sci Fi movie with tons of FX and heavy budget, by director Guillermo del Toro. It will be one of the most important Sci Fi movie of the year. The background music in the teaser was "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" from Dimmu Borgir:headbang: .

First time I saw that, a Black Metal Band in a teaser for a Mainstream movie...

There's this French movie, based on a comics (or is it a novel?), 'Le Poulpe', the soundrack contains many songs from our most (in)famous metal/hardcore band, Kickback.
And I remember reading somewhere that there was a movie which soundtracks consisted mainly of Burzum songs, but I can't remember its name :erk:

I would be interested in watching a movie with a Burzum Song.

I also remember "Funny Games" by Michael Anneke, there was two times in the movie a black metal song in the soundtrack but I don't know which band was singing it?
Anyway I'm surprised to see that you've put a De Palmas song in your signature:confused:

Nicolas said:
I would be interested in watching a movie with a Burzum Song.

I also remember "Funny Games" by Michael Anneke, there was two times in the movie a black metal song in the soundtrack but I don't know which band was singing it?
Anyway I'm surprised to see that you've put a De Palmas song in your signature:confused:

De Palmas = God of doom-variète music !

Claude_francois.jpg

Depends.
Songs from his album are good. You are right:cool:

But really for example "Oh Marie" (written by him for Johnny Halliday) is a nightmare. For me it is the worst of all Johnny's songs. This summer I went to see Johnny with friends in a stadium. As an act of rebellion (cheap one I admit) I went to the bar to drink a beer during "Marie":ill:

Nicolas said:
Depends.
Songs from his album are good. You are right:cool:

But really for example "Oh Marie" (written by him for Johnny Halliday) is a nightmare. For me it is the worst of all Johnny's songs. This summer I went to see Johnny with friends in a stadium. As an act of rebellion (cheap one I admit) I went to the bar to drink a beer during "Marie":ill:

In fact, I love the 2002 album 'Marcher dans le Sable', I can relate to all the lyrics from the first to the last track and I think all the tunes are good. The stuff he did before was much more 'naive' I think.

edit : Did De Palmas actually write 'Oh Marie' for Johnny ?
edit2 : He's in my sig but also in my location, my avatar and my whole profile :lol:

Don Corleone said:
hehe svid negger...ulver did the soundtrack

i heard from best once in an argento movie, bauhaus was playing in the background.

and let's not forget almight "goblin" in argento movies.
Yes! Goblin rocks, the suspiria soundtracks is ace, sounds like metal, especially the main theme with a mad "black like" voice!

Thanks for the tip on Ulver

cedarbreed said:
In fact, I love the 2002 album 'Marcher dans le Sable', I can relate to all the lyrics from the first to the last track and I think all the tunes are good. The stuff he did before was much more 'naive' I think.

edit : Did De Palmas actually write 'Oh Marie' for Johnny ?
edit2 : He's in my sig but also in my location, my avatar and my whole profile :lol:
Yes he did Marie for Johnny, well indeed every composer needs his worst song:loco:

But he is still living everywhere in France!
Did you know he is the composer of the most heard song in the world: "My way", covered by a lot of singers but written by him.
It is a bit of a paradox because Claude François himself spent most of his career covering others.

I have the Diabolical Maskeraide Soundtrack somewhere, pretty boring. Eveyone should run out and buy the Solaris soundtrack, bleedin rapid so it is

Nicolas said:
But he is still living everywhere in France!
Did you know he is the composer of the most heard song in the world: "My way", covered by a lot of singers but written by him.
It is a bit of a paradox because Claude François himself spent most of his career covering others.
I didn't know that but some french guy living near me asked me if I could order a Claude François album through the net for him and I had a good laugh while listening to it. :D