Southern California Thread

I'm planning on maybe moving to LA next year. I've got a place to crash out there when I do, but is a bike too inconvenient getting around everywhere? I've been in the traffic before and it was nuts.

depends on where you are and where your job is. It is possible to live without a car here, but it does require more work.

Scion Rock fest in Pomona just annouced a partial lineup for the fest in May.

Red Fang
Crowbar
Power trip
Midnight
Speedwolf
Exhumed
Windhand
Moab
Jex Thoth
Lord Dying
Pins of Light
Hot Lunch
Black Sheep Wall
The Well

Im already there just for Speedwolf, Midnight and fucking Jex Thoth. Thats fucking sick.

Plus, the headliners and like 6 other bands are still to be announced.

EDIT: (Im sensing a So Cal UM Meetup)

Scion Rock fest in Pomona just annouced a partial lineup for the fest in May.

Red Fang
Crowbar
Power trip
Midnight
Speedwolf
Exhumed
Windhand
Moab
Jex Thoth
Lord Dying
Pins of Light
Hot Lunch
Black Sheep Wall
The Well

Im already there just for Speedwolf, Midnight and fucking Jex Thoth. Thats fucking sick.

Plus, the headliners and like 6 other bands are still to be announced.

EDIT: (Im sensing a So Cal UM Meetup)

Yeah I'd go just for Exhumed and Power Trip. couple others are alright, others idk.

So complete lineup is announced for Scion Rock Fest. Im a little disappointed with the headliners...No, sorry, VERY disappointed with the headliners...

Machine Head
High On Fire
Red Fang
Orchid
Crowbar
Buzzo
Midnight
Bl’ast!
Speedwolf
Power Trip
Coffins
Jex Thoth
Windhand
Exhumed
In Cold Blood
Nekrogoblikon
Lord Dying
Hot Lunch
Aqua Nebula Oscillator
All Them Witches
Pins Of Light
Carousel
The Well
Big Business
Black Sheep Wall
MOAB

However, they did add Orchid to the bill which made my pee pee go...Ba doingg doinggg doinggggggg.

Midnight, Speedwolf, Orchid, Windhand and Jex Thoth are plenty enough reasons for me to go.

Mike, I guess so. Im not a fan...You planning on going?

Neph, Im not.

Also, just found out Deafhaven, Marriages and Earth are playing El Rey April 25th. I am supposed to be in Vegas that weekend, but I might say fuck it to goto this. I abso-fucking-lutely LOVE Marriages and Earth.

Put them together on the same bill, and I have to be there.

Machine Head are a guilty pleasure of mine. I still play Burn My Eyes and The Blackening from time to time. Unfortunately the band is more known for their shitty albums that came in between those two.

What were you going to Vegas for?

Me and a few friends were going to celebrate the end of Tax Season and get super shitty. We got club hookups there and one of our favorite DJ's was gonna be spinning at one of them...There was also a beer fest I wanted to hit up out there...But fuck man, I missed Earth and Marriages (two seperate shows) the last time they both came around and havnt forgotten about it since...

I do not want that to happen again.

Machine Head are a guilty pleasure of mine. I still play Burn My Eyes and The Blackening from time to time. Unfortunately the band is more known for their shitty albums that came in between those two.

Was never able to get into em. Even when I saw em open for Metallica I went in with an open mind and still was bored to tears...The headliners are just a bit weak...Last year had Agalloch, Obituary (Dont care for em, but still), Morbid Angel and Anaal Nathrakh.

This year High on Fire, Machine Head, Buzzo and Red Fang. Weak. I mean I love High on Fire, but come on now. Scion just put them on tour in LA in December...Spice it up a little more. (Just so I dont sound like a complete douche, Im still stoked as fuck for this, and even more stoked cause its free.)

/endofrant

You gonna go?

Me and a few friends were going to celebrate the end of Tax Season and get super shitty. We got club hookups there and one of our favorite DJ's was gonna be spinning at one of them...There was also a beer fest I wanted to hit up out there...But fuck man, I missed Earth and Marriages (two seperate shows) the last time they both came around and havnt forgotten about it since...

I do not want that to happen again.

Just ask your friends to re-schedule the Vegas trip to the next available weekend. You'll miss the DJ and Beer Fest, but it's still Vegas, you'll still have plenty of things to do.

If they say no though... then you have a tough decision to make.

depends what weekend in May. That's a crazy month for me. One weekend I'm going to Portland and then I'm going to Paso Robles another weekend

Just ask your friends to re-schedule the Vegas trip to the next available weekend. You'll miss the DJ and Beer Fest, but it's still Vegas, you'll still have plenty of things to do.

If they say no though... then you have a tough decision to make.

Its looking more and more like im gonna say fuck it to Vegas. About 85% sure.

You going to Scion Rock Fest?

depends what weekend in May. That's a crazy month for me. One weekend I'm going to Portland and then I'm going to Paso Robles another weekend

Register just in case.

https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/rsvp/scionRockFestTickets.do