Southern California Thread

i hate mexican food. stinking taco and burrito eaters. fucking reeks of onions and those shitty beans give me diarrhea.

^ Dude, GTFO if you dont like Mexican food. I dont fucking get how anyone can bag on fucking tacos.

Are you drinking tonight too? sounds like it lol. Yeah I'm with you on those teams, Love the Lakers, i'm not going to be a fucking clippers fan just because they're more successful. And fuck the chargers. 49ers here.

Btw I'm going to Scion Rock Fest in May. Bunch of underground thrash bands will be there and other stuff for you death metallers and doom and shit. I count at least 8 bands I want to see, +probably find some new stuff there.

Machine Head
High on Fire
Red Fang
Orchid
CrowBar
Buzzo
Midnight
BL'AST!
Speedwolf
Power Trip
Coffins
Jex Thoth
Windhand
Exhumed
In Cold Blood
Nekrogoblikon
Lord Dying
Hot Lunch
Aqua Nebula
Oscillator
All Them Witches
Pins of Light
Carousel
The Well
Big Business
Moab
Black Sheep Wall

^
Queue Kafka

You know me too well.

Dude. I still need to pick up my ticket. I might have missed the pick up date...I need to follow up on that...

And yes I have been drinking, thank you for asking :)

Black Sheep Wall, Midnight, Orchid, Coffins, Speedwolf, JEX FUCKING THOTH, and Windhand? FUCK.

I know Ive said this a million times by now but Im fucking there.

BTW, there is a bomb ass mexican food restaurant right by the glass house/fox theater. Fucking tacos and margaritas. Thats what the fuck is up.

Iced Earth tomorrow at the House of Blues.

Kinda whatever about it. A buddy of mine bought me a ticket as a birthday gift awhile back so I cant really turn it down...But I really dont like this new singer and the new album can lick my hairy ass crack...But, whatever, still going.

I generally like Orange County the most, mainly because I used to live in Irvine when I was little, and that I live literally within walking distance of the LA/OC county border. Just very clean and pretty. Also the Ducks.

But my very favorite is the Bay Area. The weather especially.

I wouldn't be surprised if my brother or one of his friends goes to that Iced Earth show. They're big on stuff like Iced Earth, Symphony X, etc.

EDIT: And anybody who dislikes Mexican food should be shot or hung or whatever. Every type of mexican food kicks ass.

Mathiäs;10838134 said:
I am thinking about moving to Cali. Any suggestions on where to live? I am considering grad school at UCLA, USC, or USF. I've heard a lot of good and bad about the LA area

Why USF? My cousin actually goes there, and it's really small and doesn't seem all that great.

If you can get in, go to one of UCLA or Berkeley. I'm not sure about tuition for out-of-staters, but it's definitely cheaper than USC or Stanford. Cal States aren't bad either, especially Long Beach, but it's definitely a step below any UC. My oldest brother went to UCI, and my other older brother went to CSUDH, but he's lazy and almost got kicked out of his HS. Kinda like me.

After my HS stuff, I'm going to a CC, and then depending on my grades either a UC or a CSU.

Bay area is super cool, but unless if you're making tons of money, you'll probably be living in the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc.). SF is really nice, and I love visiting there. The whole feel is pretty laid back. I just know I would never be able to afford living in the city.

The East Bay has some really nice spots too though. Berkeley is Berkeley, and Oakland and some of the towns around there have some real nice spots. Lots of hipsters have moved over to Oakland. I remember Wrest from Leviathan used to live in a house in Oakland before he moved to Chicago.

EDIT: And fuck it, I'm too lazy to merge these posts.

i can eat mexican food if i have to but get tired of it fast. too tomatoey and beany. margaritas are the only thing good about mexico.

the best food is japanese. cant get enough sushi and ramen

i can eat mexican food if i have to but get tired of it fast. too tomatoey and beany. margaritas are the only thing good about mexico.

the best food is japanese. cant get enough sushi and ramen

Try mariscos like ceviche and coctel de camarones etc. Better than sushi honestly. Basically sushi with proper spice and citrus. Sushi (without wasabi and soy sauce) tastes so plain in comparison

I wouldn't be surprised if my brother or one of his friends goes to that Iced Earth show. They're big on stuff like Iced Earth, Symphony X, etc.

I saw Iced Earth and SymX perform together at a show in anaheim a couple years back. I don't think I'd go again just for Iced Earth. The highlight of that show was probably Warbringer opening for them :p

SymX is always fun live but they felt off their game that night.

Warbringer over Iced Earth?! :lol:

Who was singing at the time for Iced Earth?

Yeah I'm like that though. Last year I saw Warbringer, Megadeth, Anthrax and Iron Maiden.

My favorite was either Anthrax or Warbringer :p. I'm all about which band brings the most intensity live. Which band makes me want to get up and mosh and headbang the most. Warbringer brings the war every time. Anthrax is good fun, running around the stage and stuff. Dave just kinda stood there.

I don't even know, never really been an Iced Earth fan. I have like 3 of their songs on my playlist.

Armin is coming to town? I saw him a couple of years ago as a part of a festival act. Not really my style, but if you like anthem trance you're gonna have a fucking blast. Also, that stage looks absolutely insane haha.